GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
So I'm a bit new to the SEMA show. I have a question about it. Is it normal for a car company to bring a bunch of concept art instead of actual vehicles to SEMA? I noticed that Chyrsler brought two challengers and then a bunch of concept art to the show, maybe it's because they're low on cash.?.?

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
So I'm a bit new to the SEMA show. I have a question about it. Is it normal for a car company to bring a bunch of concept art instead of actual vehicles to SEMA? I noticed that Chyrsler brought two challengers and then a bunch of concept art to the show, maybe it's because they're low on cash.?.?
SEMA is not really for the manufacuters it's for the aftermarket companies. These cars might have been supplied by Chrysler but they were not built or developed by Chrysler they were built by different aftermarket companies trying to establish a name for themselves while propping up Chrylser in the process.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I think it is fairly normal to do that. Remember though that Chrysler isn't paying for this, the aftermarket is.

EDIT: Beaten to it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll take the "SRT 10" engine in the Blacktop model....

·
Registered
257 Posts
SEMA is not really for the manufacuters it's for the aftermarket companies. These cars might have been supplied by Chrysler but they were not built or developed by Chrysler they were built by different aftermarket companies trying to establish a name for themselves while propping up Chrylser in the process.
The Manufacturers actually have been getting involved these days also along side the after market guys. The Challenger V10 (and the green hard top) is straight from Dodge and I think some of this years Camaro's are GM direct.

Also, regarding 'squat' s question, the show is just opening and isnt open to the public so i'm sure that illustration will be replaced by a photo soon. i know two guys there with a booth this year and it would be a waste to have a booth and bring only pretty pictures.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i'm sorry, but the new challenger just looks too fat to me, it's like seeing a overweight, time to retire, washed up wrestler or boxer. i mean sure, the Challenger SRT 8 is a "manly" looking car, but it hardly has the aura of a "ass kicker". never mind that with anything other than cartoon sized wheels it looks like a elephant on roller skates.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
That hood scoop on the "SRT10" looks bad for somereason.. remindes me of a pig's nose.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I actually saw my first Challenger in person today, it's a beautiful vehicle. Hope that convertible Challenger goes on sale, looks really good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
SEMA = Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association.

It's for aftermarket companies. OEM manufacterers also use it to show case their "hot rod" design stuff. Like Fords SVT division, Chryslers SRT stuff, GMs power house etc. Since many of those parts that make those cars what they are are offered in the aftermarket for use on the run of the mill cars.

So basically the car manufacterer gets a "here's our car" By the way we also make parts or can make parts to the car "look like this/perform like this"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.