GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RWD, Audi A4 sort of sized, overpowered maybe Turbo 6cyl or V8 along with base model diesel etc... and manual gearbox or twin-clutch. Trying to be a more affordable C63/RS4/M3...

Comes in HSV or Chev.

Original:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I like the car, but not as an HSV. HSV typically are more over the top extroverted than this. Even the Senator and Grange are more over the top. This is actually more to my taste. It has a bit of Lexus and Hyundai to it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'll put up the more aggro alternative, tyring to balance the traditional HSV brutality and a hint of Euro is proving interesting.

I'm still playing with some ideas... what about this one??

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The side taillights are a bit too low.
Raise them up a bit. :)

!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update again, I think I'm posting every single minor change!

Will keep it in mind for the next update LeSabre, I was going with inspiration from the current HSV taillights, but I'll make some touch ups so it's all a bit more cohesive.

Thanks for your comments isszy and LeSabre! :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That rendition has a 'real' Cruze feel about it on first look

Mike
Cheers! I was aiming for lines that would wear aggressive sporty bodykits but still be realistic enough to have a base and luxury model.... not sure if I pulled it off, but will keep at it.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I didn't get a Cruze feel, I saw more Commodore/G8 look to it.

!!!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Looks great.. nice job!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for the comments, I added a Chev just to see what sort of badging options there are.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any thoughts on the Chevy? I'd like to tidy them up, but my city is flooding and we don't have power (Brisbane, Australia). Our house should be ok, but the lawn did go underwater along with the garden shed green house and ute (pickup)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry to hear about the flooding. I hope everything works out okay with that. As far as the Chevy, I like it...a lot. It has a nice aggressive look that the Cruze lacks while also tying in some camaro design in the grille and front end. I prefer the simpler grille of the chevy to that of the hsv. nice work

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers, luckily the flood waters have subsided, we didn't do too badly, garden shed and green house went under and a tree fell on the pick-up (ute)...small price compared to many.
Water and mud still everywhere and it played havoc with the fuse box in the house so we still have no fans and air-con (Queensland summer). Thanks for your concern.

Got a chance to fire up the computer and tidy the Chev a little more... hope it looks ok (probably looks the same, but its the detail).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts