GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Using some of the basic design details of the current Cruze, this next generation model arrives in a much sleeker and stylish body. Lower proportions add to the high speed look of this turbocharged sedan. Please let me know what you think :)

updated grille

·
Super Moderator
14,147 Posts
That looks pretty cool. Maybe alittle racy for a high volume Cruze though.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I see some Aston Martin in there and I like the beltline, but I'm not sure about horizontal and vertical aspects in the grille. Overall it's got great proportions, well done!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for joining in on the comp', and what an entrance. This looks the bees knees, and you've used simple lines so effectively. Very impressive :). Sure I see some Aston, but I can't see that as a bad thing.

It's becoming a bit flooded with Euros, but I'm really liking this segment at the moment, there's a few C63s around here and they are just amazing, GM has the powerplants... 'bout time they got to it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bejeweled & Z284ever, about the design- i wanted it to stand out among all the competition and really push the envelope. Knowing that designs usually get watered down before production, better to start a little crazy if you ask me.
Thanks Slideways, I will experiment with a few different grille styles and see what I come up with.
Joe88, thanks for the compliments and thanks for starting up a design comp! It is always interesting to see what the GMIers come up with.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks FenwickHockey65 for the compliment and thanks for pulling up that old drawing! one of my faves too :)

·
Registered
5,986 Posts

Updated Grille
excellent drawing, TH16MN!
&
it's amazing-spooky (with the Aston & Ford comment(s)) how,
to me anyway, you came so close to the front of the Focus-BEV the day before anyone knew about it

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Looks bit like an Aston Martin, but I really like it :yup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha 2b2, I did not notice that similarity until you pointed it out. Kind of creepy!
Thanks for all the compliments!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
looks very good. But the front is too long. It makes the car look very long--not a compact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts