GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbour bleeds blue - he is a Ford man. He has had company Holdens before but previously given the choice between the two, he would choose the Ford.

So a couple of nights ago he traded his second car, a 2 year old Kia Rio (yeah I know) for ... a phantom mica 60th anniversary Holden Commodore !

This is a very nice car - leather, reverse sensors, bluetooth, 18 inch wheels, plus mudflaps, tow pack and floor mats. Mind you, the dealer worked hard for the sale - $15K trade on a 2 year old Kia that cost $17K is a pretty big carrot.

It looks like this:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly, the pricing is not like the US pricing. This car is the base model with some nice special edition features (wheels, leather etc) and this will cost around $AUD34K (about $USD33K). The equivalent to a G8 V6 will cost you about $40K and the G8GT will cost about $50K.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, but has 2 teenage boys so the Kia was getting a bit cramped. His business car is a Prado diesel and this gets most of the work - they decided that the small number of km the do each year would not cost much more than the Kia.

Funnily enough, he and I went to a focus session a couple of years ago and we were presented with the now FG Falcon - we both said it looked like a big Subaru and this was one of the reasons they didn't buy one - looks like Ford did not hit their target audience very well.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Parked next to a Red Passion 60th Ann at the shops. Very nice car! and the wheels look pretty good.
Looks to be a great value package.

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Unrelated to Holdens, but related to driving a hard bargain, my father in law is playing off dealers against each other for his new Prado Grande (to tow a van on his retirement trip around oz next year). So far he has taken off....$11K! Same vehicle, different dealers. It's actually pretty funny because it is nearly back to what he paid for his last Prado about 4 years ago. :D

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Mate at work has been offered about $7k off on a new Kluger AWD, down to $43 now from $50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts