GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Scion explores a possible design path with the introduction of the Hako Coupe concept at the New York auto show.

With inspiration from the xB and increasingly popular vintage American style trend in Tokyo, designers fused the two together to produce the sporty box coupe concept.

Burrowing from classic American coupes is the chopped heritage high roof. Additional exterior touches consist of trapezoidal LED headlights and taillights, flared fenders, slim side mirrors and deep 18-inch wheels wrapped in custom Scion tread pattern tires.

A panoramic glass roof bathes the interior with natural light and contemporary-styled seats covered in orange or black urethane upholstery make for easy cleaning. The artsy dash design features a joystick gear shifter and steering wheel-mounted engine start button and trackball entertainment system controller. Passengers can also control the media system with a center dash-mounted roller ball.

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080319/FREE/262964773/1062

·
Registered
64 Posts
Never fear, if this gets made it'll probably end up being toned down drastically and go into production as an xB coupe. But as far as this concept is concerned, I can't decide if it's burning my retinas with its ugliness or if I'm getting tingly in my pants with excitement.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Oh no, this is first by a a ton of laps, there wouldn't be enough cautions and "lucky dogs" to get the Astek back on the same lap as this vomit.
Couldn't agree more, the aztek looks amazing compared to this monstrosity.

This is why I hope to god Art Center accepts me.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
This is far uglier than the Aztek. This thing manages to offend not just my eyeballs, but my soul.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
:eek:

Fail

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Now we know where the Element designers went.

Reminds me of something, though. Something old. Like the Munster's car or an old Woody or old Ford or something. Something from the 50s or 60s.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
The production name will change of course to the Scion FU Cruiser.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
**** **** **** **** **** :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Someone will pay for this!!!!! So cruel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
lol its a half circle attached to a square with wheels.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts