GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, what a good looking car! This has a very strong prowler coolness to it. It was silver, and the top was dropped. The driver was a dealer salesmen. We sat at a red light and I chatted with him. Even my dad who didnt like the car when he saw in it mags and other pictures didnt realize that this truck was the same. And then I told him about the hard top vert feature, he was shocked. (im starting to get him to step away from the import mentality) Few things I noticed
#1- Way too tall. Needs about like a 7 inch drop. This should be more ground hugging then sky scraping.
#2- Exhaust sounds sweet! The duals out of the back really make that baby sound sweet.
#3- Looks very well put together.
#4- In drop top form, this roadster looks very weird. Its literaly like nothing on the road.
#5- there are small bow-ties in the front side markers which I thought was pretty cool!
#6- Sound system seemed pretty damn nice.

I didnt see the interior as the truck is high up. Also, the dealer guy told me about the Chevelle coming out next year, and it was going to be a vert. I didnt belive him, I just said "wow, that sounds good." He was trying to get me to buy an SSR. I said no thanks, Im gunna wait for my Camaro to come back. He said thats coming back too. Best thing was my little 8 year old brother asked the guy if that thing had a Hemi... I swear I was gunna piss myself. I said "no joe, it has a small block chevy." The guy started to laugh. I guess dodges marketing has worked better then GM's? Anyway, thumbs up to the SSR. I kinda wanted him to really launch it, but he just kept it to the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Mar 1 2004, 05:36 PM
Also, the dealer guy told me about the Chevelle coming out next year, and it was going to be a vert. I didnt belive him, I just said "wow, that sounds good."
Eh...? :huh:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the price of the SSR here can climb up to 60k, and they sell. Thats like what... $10 million in Can. dollars? :laughbounce:

As for the chevelle thing... I didnt wana get into it with him and tell him to stop BSing me. I was gunna ask if he had seen pics of it, but he could have just lied and said yes.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm new to this site, so bear with me. The latest issue of Chevy High Performance magazine features a 2005 Chevelle SS concept. It's just another rebadged Monaro.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by BRMike@Mar 1 2004, 09:15 PM
I'm new to this site, so bear with me. The latest issue of Chevy High Performance magazine features a 2005 Chevelle SS concept. It's just another rebadged Monaro.
Yes and no....
first welcome to the site..
second, its not a rebadged Monaro, its a photshopped GTO.
About the chevelle... its up in the air, but no new news about the Chevelle coming out next year. No chassis ready to make all these cars.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The SSR is just like my description in my thread about the XLR - You have to see it to belive it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts