GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Yesterday, I was driving to class when several cars in front of me, I saw a new Acura model that I had no idea about. It was clearly based on the Honda Civic, but it had different taillights that reminded me of the Chevrolet Cruze.

Since I live in Tampa, the new Acura had a Florida liscene plate on it, so I assume it wasn't a prototype.

Unfortunately, I have no pics of it. Anyone know which Acura I'm talking about?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I wonder if it is a Canadian Acura EL? I know you said it had FL plates...but it's still a possibility.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
the CSX is correct, I saw one last summer while driving down to florida. It had Canadian tags on it. I have a feeling that somebody was able to "import" one from Canada.

-Chase

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ive heard yuppies have been importing them down to have the mileage but the acura badge. Buy a TSX, its good looking and sporty to boot!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Canadians are used to seeing these re-badged Civics. I can't believe people complain about the Pontiac G5 being a re-badged Cobalt. At least it doesn't cost double the price of a Cobalt. But people are stupid enough to buy these Acuras.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Canadians are used to seeing these re-badged Civics. I can't believe people complain about the Pontiac G5 being a re-badged Cobalt. At least it doesn't cost double the price of a Cobalt. But people are stupid enough to buy these Acuras.

Good, no GREAT point.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
"Twice as much" doesn't really apply...though amazingly, it's technically true. Once you start comparing a Civic to a comparable Acura CSX.....say Civic SI sedan vs. Acura CSX Type-S, then the difference is ~$7k. And don't get me wrong, that's still quite a premium, especially for a car that looks almost the exact same. .

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Why, do they not have the TSX? After all if this starts at $7,000 more, that is TSX territory or a well loaded accord, why would one buy it?
We have the TSX as well, however it costs around $6,000 more than a base CSX - almost $10,000 more for a similarly equipped TSX. The Type-S that Eurohazard was mentioning is around the starting price of a base TSX but obviously significantly more than the Civic Si which it is based on. However to the Acura's credit it does have NAV system and leather seats which you can't get in the Si. Oddly enough in the US, Nav system is available in basically every Honda whereas in Canada the cheapest Honda available with NAV is an Accord EX-L NAVI.

If anyone is interested:

www.acura.ca - shows info about the CSX and you can compare the differences between it and the TSX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_EL - the EL is the predecessor to the CSX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_CSX - article on the CSX

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.