GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looked pretty good. It had chrome trim around the painted to match grill, 18 inch spilt 6 spoke wheels. The wheels were alloy not chrome. And the headlights had chrome around the edge instead of the normal black trim. The ground effects looked okay. The front bumper cover was good looking it had black mesh and projector beam fog lights. And it also had white gauge faces inside and a sunroof that opened all the way. (I will try to get some pictures today)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jul 14 2004, 04:18 PM
If you took them yourself, no problem.
If they are GM pics, post them, and I'll remove them if necessary.
They are from a 2005 Colorado brochure. It got it kind of early because I work at a dealership.

·
Registered
913 Posts
What's embargoed mean? My dad works at a Chevy dealer and they've had Colorado brochures for a while. The Xtreme is in it. (I think)

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by amark329@Jul 14 2004, 12:33 PM
What's embargoed mean? My dad works at a Chevy dealer and they've had Colorado brochures for a while. The Xtreme is in it. (I think)
An embargo means that the information with an embargo on it (like the 2005 pics I have) cannot be seen by the public until the embargo is lifted.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nice lookin truck...any idea if the interior has been modified (better cloth, leather, etc.)?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by jfnz24@Jul 14 2004, 07:19 PM
Nice lookin truck...any idea if the interior has been modified (better cloth, leather, etc.)?
It has White Gauges and a Sunroof. And leather is optional but I think its only for the Crew Cab like last years Colorados.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by vicious1+Jul 14 2004, 01:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vicious1 @ Jul 14 2004, 01:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jfnz24@Jul 14 2004, 07:19 PM
It has White Gauges and a Sunroof. And leather is optional but I think its only for the Crew Cab like last years Colorados. [/b][/quote]
The X-Treme is optional on all body styles

Regular Cab
Ext. Cab
Crew Cab

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by nsap+Jul 14 2004, 07:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsap @ Jul 14 2004, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 01:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jfnz24
@Jul 14 2004, 07:19 PM

It has White Gauges and a Sunroof. And leather is optional but I think its only for the Crew Cab like last years Colorados.
The X-Treme is optional on all body styles

Regular Cab
Ext. Cab
Crew Cab [/b][/quote]
I meant the leather is only going to be available for the Crew Cab and Extended Cab. But yes your right the Xtreme will come in all Cab models.

·
Registered
922 Posts
From just that pic I'd have to say I like it, more grown up looking then the S10 Xtremes. Cant wait to see the interior shots. Oohh 6 lug rims, I wonder if they will fit my Trailblazer... nothing fits on that damn thing.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
A friend of mine walked into a Chevy dealership and looked at the same thing you did. He is already making plans to buy one when they come out.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Has there been any word on the turbo charged I5? I assume the Xtreme will be an appearance pkg. only....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can't remember where, but I read an article where Lutz or Taverna said the Xtreme package may come out initially as just an appearance package, but that a "SS" Xtreme with a TurboCharger was/is being developed for '06/07 year. I'll try to find the article. The pics in the article showed an Xtreme that was Yellow if anyone else has seen it. Chris

Here's part of the article online http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_disp...282264&record=2 The magazine actually had more of an interview with the developers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That article doesn't directly mention an Xtreme version of the Colorado, just the "Sport" version already available and the possibility of a Colorado SS with tuned engine. Although this may eventually become the basis for the Xtreme. The truck they tested was definately not the Xtreme as the styling is the same as the "Sport" Colorado. The pics of the Red Xtreme CrewCab looks great and I hope they produce it. I'd consider trading in my Mazda6 for one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts