GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the links

Video with Lutz about Quality.

Video About China's booming auto industry and GM.

And Another about China.

Here's a couple about the Camaro.

Video #1
Video #2

Here's one about GM and their strugles at home.

And finally one about the Volt.

I thought the documentary was suprisingly neutral in tone. They were very critical of the upper management, but rightfully so; I think. They even show the Malibu test vehicle with the E-FLEX system in it driving around the test area with Lutz in it.

Sorry if this is a repost.

EDIT: It looks like the videos are cut short.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
That video shown just gave me a couple ideas for marketing GM could build on.

1 - bring back (in, obviously, a modernized version) the "Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet" ("GM" instead?) campaign
2 - Lutz mentions about how this is similar to America's putting 'Man on the Moon' - it may be an interesting idea to put out an ad campaign in 2009 with with that relationship, something along the lines of how America worked together, put forth the effort, and was such an awesome country to be able to do such a feat, and now it is time for another feat by America: GM's Chevy Volt. Kinda putting a patriotic "America is this great!" spin on GM.
3 - and this leads to another idea... "As GM Goes, So Goes America" campaign, another patriotic idea GM could build on. Basically saying, "Hey, GM represents how great this country is - and we're on a roll now - just look at what we're making (CTS, ZR1, Volt, Malibu, etc)"

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That video shown just gave me a couple ideas for marketing GM could build on.

1 - bring back (in, obviously, a modernized version) the "Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet" ("GM" instead?) campaign
2 - Lutz mentions about how this is similar to America's putting 'Man on the Moon' - it may be an interesting idea to put out an ad campaign in 2009 with with that relationship, something along the lines of how America worked together, put forth the effort, and was such an awesome country to be able to do such a feat, and now it is time for another feat by America: GM's Chevy Volt. Kinda putting a patriotic "America is this great!" spin on GM.
3 - and this leads to another idea... "As GM Goes, So Goes America" campaign, another patriotic idea GM could build on. Basically saying, "Hey, GM represents how great this country is - and we're on a roll now - just look at what we're making (CTS, ZR1, Volt, Malibu, etc)"

Yeah, GM really needs to fiure out how to advertise. Apparently they are making a G5 XFE version now. I thought it was only Chevy. they need to advertise this!!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
60,000 Volts/year will not save GM. Lutz knows it too.

Let Oil come back to $100 or less per barrle, give the Big 3 some time to readjust thier line ups. And bring affordable sub compcts/compacts out. That are affordable to the masses and profitable to thiere makers.

People flock to our dealership if we have a 52mpg (Imp gallon) used Honda Civic. Stanard tranny or not.

Is the Focus or Cobalt profitable? No the big 3 were looking at SUV/Truck profits and threw thier moneies there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.