1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Detroit Free Press
August 2, 2022

Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Hood

Consider this: A 2020 Corvette Stingray with the mid engine and no manual transmission that has 9,164 miles on it would sell today at an average transaction price of $96,835, according to Edmunds.com data. That's $10,602 more than its manufacturer's suggested retail price when it was new. It is also $7,190 more than the average transaction price of a new 2022 Corvette Stingray with the mid engine and no manual transmission.

And just wait until GM brings out its electrified Corvette models, the values for the gasoline-powered supercars will soar.

“These are extremely unusual circumstances," said Jesse Toprak, chief analyst at Autonomy, an EV subscription company. "When we get to 2030, the latter-production model year internal combustion engine models of iconic cars, such as the Corvette, might be worth more money."

·
Premium Member
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you bought the new C8 at the introduction price of $59,900, you have been driving a car for a few years now that you could probably sell what you paid for it or more.

Nothing like a zero down, zero payments 24 month lease!

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
If you bought the new C8 at the introduction price of $59,900, you have been driving a car for a few years now that you could probably sell what you paid for it or more.

"zero payments"?

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

I can currently sell my 2016 Corvette stick, 2017 RS Camaro V6 stick or 2018 2SS Camaro conv all for what I paid for them new. But... then how do I replace them at reasonable cost?

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,764 Posts
If you sell it for the same as you paid for it, that is, you get all your money back...well, that's zero payments, no?
How does that work for a C8 Corvette lease? Does GM Financial waive all monthly payments for the lessee?

·
Premium Member
36,959 Posts
How does that work for a C8 Corvette lease? Does GM Financial waive all monthly payments for the lessee?
Yes, that's EASY BUTTON. Just tell them you know me. No problemo!

• Love

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
If you sell it for the same as you paid for it, that is, you get all your money back...well, that's zero payments, no?

Zero COST, but not Zero PAYMENTS...

If you disagree, then we should set-up a little agreement; you pay me $1,000 a month for the next 5 years and at the end of 5 years, I'll pay you $60,000... Deal? "Zero Payments"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts