GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic has also been discussed on saturnfans.com, but I haven't heard of anyone with a solution to this problem.

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue V6 FWD that intermittently will not downshift when I try to accelerate on the highway. Instead, it stays in the same gear, almost redlines, and doesn't budge. Only when you release the gas to let the rpm come back down again will it downshift.

The last dealer I took it to said they have to actually witness this happen twice in the same visit for them to do anything about it. Once on the test drive and again with the scanners hooked up to it. I told them it was intermittent, based on my driving (usually when I'm trying to pass quickly on the freeway). They actually told me someone had to leave their car with them for a month before they could get the problem to duplicate!

I don't stomp on the gas when this happens, I'm driving about 50-55mph, the rpm is about 2000-2500 just prior, and the temp is normal. I'm going to another dealer this week to have them check the tranny sensors per a mechanic friend's suggestion.

If anyone else knows what is causing this please let me know.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.