GM Inside News Forum banner

Saturn Vue Redline Street Play

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mackingu 
#1 ·
STREET PLAY TESTS ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE LIMITS FOR SATURN VUE RED LINE

The production 2004 VUE Red Line will be the first in Saturn’s new series of performance-tuned vehicles. But even before VUE Red Line reaches the market around the first of next year, Saturn and GM Performance Division are pushing the compact SUV’s ultimate limits with the VUE Street Play, debuting at the 2003 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas.

More power, a lowered body, stiffened suspension, and a number of exterior and interior changes highlight the VUE Street Play. While VUE Red Line will be powered by a 250-horsepower V-6 that is also newly available on the 2004 VUE, Street Play adds an additional 50 horses to the equation with a Comptech-installed Eaton supercharger, bringing it to 300 horsepower.

Ground Control front and rear suspension systems with Koni shocks and an OBX strut tower brace provide outstanding handling and lower the Street Play’s ride height by 3 inches compared to the Red Line (which itself is about 1 inch lower than the regular VUE). The concept performance vehicle also features a 3-inch stainless steel cat-back exhaust with Corsa dual-outlet stainless steel muffler.

Street Play rides on 20-inch TOYO Proxes P255/45ZR performance tires and two-piece HRE polished aluminum wheels. Stopping power comes from Stainless Steel Brake Corp’s front and rear performance disc brakes, sporting a 12.8-in. diameter front rotor with dual piston aluminum caliper and a 12-in. diameter rear rotor with single piston aluminum caliper.

The White Pearl-painted Street Play boasts new performance-styled fascias, the latter with carbon fiber inserts, hood and side rocker moldings. The exterior also features custom Hella projector headlamps with carbon fiber inserts, undertray and a roof-mounted rear wing.

Inside, both driver and front passenger are held in place by four Recaro racing seats with Sparco four-point lap belts and a full-length (front-to-rear) console with two Apple iPods. A new instrument panel cluster includes white-face gauges and an Auto Meter boost gauge. The dash panel, center console and steering wheel are tailored in black Ultrasuede. Street Play also features cast aluminum OBX Type-R foot pedals, perforated aluminum floor mats and a VUE Red Line steering wheel.

The entertainment system of the Street Play includes a Sony 7-inch in-dash AM/FM Monitor radio with CD/DVD and iPod interface and four, MTX two-way, 6-inch speakers.

The performance and appearance enhancements are in addition to the versatility associated with the VUE. In standard trim, the VUE can carry five passengers, or can be configured to carry more than 63.8 cubic feet of cargo with features such as a second-row seat and front passenger seat that fold flat.

SATURN VUE STREET PLAY VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS:
- 3.5-liter V-6 with Comp Tech supercharger delivers 300 horsepower
- VUE Red Line 3.5-liter V-6 with Comptech-installed supercharger delivers 300 horsepower
- VUE Red Line five-speed automatic transmission with grade logic control
- Ground Control front and rear suspension with Koni shocks
- Ride height lowered 3 inches from VUE Red Line
- 3-inch stainless steel cat-back exhaust with Corsa dual outlet stainless steel muffler
- 20-inch TOYO Proxes P255/45ZR performance tires and two-piece polished HRE aluminum wheels
- Stainless Steel Brake Corp. four-wheel disc brakes
- Performance-styled fascias with carbon fiber inserts, hood, side rocker moldings
- Custom Hella projector headlamps with carbon fiber inserts
- Roof-mounted rear wing
- Recaro bucket seats and Sparco four-point harnesses
- Unique front-to-rear center console
- Sony 7-inch in-dash CD/DVD Monitor radio interfaced with two Apple iPods
- IP cluster including Auto Meter boost gauge
- Cast-aluminum foot pedals and perforated aluminum floor mats
- Black interior tailored with Ultrasuede wrapped dash panel, center console and steering wheel

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by sykboy@Oct 28 2003, 05:21 PM
Rex you are tearing it up with the new info. YOU DA MAN! Pics on this one too?
wouldn't it be easier just to link to http://media.gm.com/events/sema/sema03gm without posting everything? i mean, that's where most of the official stuff on here comes from.

#4 ·
I knew that but i don't check it everyday and when someone finds something new it is good that they post it, link or not. Mad cause you got SCOOPED!? :D I posted this as he was adding all of them, it was like christmas. I didn't have to look for it, it just appeared!

#5 ·
Originally posted by sykboy@Oct 29 2003, 03:46 AM
I knew that but i don't check it everyday and when someone finds something new it is good that they post it, link or not. Mad cause you got SCOOPED!? :D I posted this as he was adding all of them, it was like christmas. I didn't have to look for it, it just appeared!
i'm one of those poor, pathetic souls that checks media.gm.com everyday for updates :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.