GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Looks like a great vehicle. Will let the wife know about this option if she decides to go with a smaller crossover next time.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I wish they had paired it with an I4 rather than a V6, or have an option for either.

Also, I like how that big cover over the engine bay basically says "Don't even try man, just take me to the dealership". :lmao:

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I fail to understand why they didn't put this in the Lambdas first.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
It looks like GM is trying to get the saturn to stand out. Unfortunately no one is ever happy with anything that Saturn does.What we have here, though is a vehicle that gets as much out of a v6 as they would an i4. Is that an accomplishment?? Appaerntly not.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
In the pictures shown, there is the grey 'sticker like' looking graphic that says "hybrid' along the bottom side of the vehicle. Does that come on all 2-mode Vues? It may be nit-picking, but I think it looks awful. A small hybrid badge would be much better. If i was on the fence about buying one of these, a sticker/graphic like that (that looks like something I would buy at an auto parts store and slap on a car) would actually dissuade me from buying it.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
In the pictures shown, there is the grey 'sticker like' looking graphic that says "hybrid' along the bottom side of the vehicle. Does that come on all 2-mode Vues? It may be nit-picking, but I think it looks awful. A small hybrid badge would be much better. If i was on the fence about buying one of these, a sticker/graphic like that (that looks like something I would buy at an auto parts store and slap on a car) would actually dissuade me from buying it.
+1

I think people have said previously that the huge Hybrid stickers on the Tahoes could be removed by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
looks good but..........that retarded sticker above the rockers really cheapens it's image.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 09 4 cylinder Green Lines - er, I mean, hybrids, also have that stupid gigantic sticker across the bottom, as well as one in the back window. I much prefer the subtlety of my 08 - 3 small hybrid badges.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This kind of appeals to me. Keeps the V6 performance but offers much improved fuel economy. It could be a fuel sipper in stop and go traffic but once the traffic clears, the V6 power is there. I deal with that kind of bi-polar traffic situation in my commute. If I had a need for a larger vehicle, this could be my ticket.

It reminds me of the ill-fated Accord Hybrid, the "hot rod hybrid". No one really liked the V6 power and the hybrid option. Well, you can't blame them for trying.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
The 09 4 cylinder Green Lines - er, I mean, hybrids, also have that stupid gigantic sticker across the bottom, as well as one in the back window. I much prefer the subtlety of my 08 - 3 small hybrid badges.
I like the Escape Hybrid badges. They are subtle, and attractive.

I hate big ol stickers. Yuck.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Because it doen't fit in lambda Platforum.
My confusion re: the 2-mode is that I thought most of the technology was in the actual transmission and that there wasn't that much in the actual engine itself.

Is there a component diagram of the 2-mode? That'd be interesting to see.

By having the 2-mode in the Lambdas GM could sell even more. Another example of not thinking things through. Too much reactionary thinking, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts