1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USA: Saturn to double vehicle line in three years - report
29 Oct 2003
Source: just-auto.com editorial team

General Motors' Saturn brand will double its line-up to six vehicles over the next three years, including a new minivan with SUV-like attributes, as it seeks to grow sales to about 500,000 cars and trucks by 2005, the head of Saturn told Reuters on Tuesday.

Full Story here:

just-auto.com Website

Most of this has been posted elsewhere, Except the info that Saturn won't divulge what other 2 vehicles they are going to introduce. Thoughts?

Ken

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Saturn only has 3 models??.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by Hudson@Oct 29 2003, 04:01 PM
ION, L-Series, and VUE. What are you counting?
*shrugs* :zippy:

·
Registered
396 Posts
the RELAY is the next *confirmed* car to come out of saturn. so, where are the other [two] cars that add to the doubling of saturn's product line?

·
Registered
44,279 Posts
ION, L-Series, VUE, and Relay.

Compact Coupe/Sedan, Mid-sized Sedan, Compact SUV, Minivan.

What else can they add to the lineup? Umm...

- Roadster
- Convertible
- "Hybrid" / super-efficient commuter car

:blink:

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I would not mind seeing a convertible/roadster type car from Saturn. Something like the Sky concept car, maybe a little more masculine.

How about a coupe version of the L series? To compete against the Solara and Accord coupes. Though this is not really a model, just a different version.

I always thought Saturn should do a small pick-up, smaller than the S-10, all plastic body, using the ION platform.

Possibly some sort of sport-wagon-crossover type thing, based of the next gen L sedan.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Oct 30 2003, 06:07 PM
I would not mind seeing a convertible/roadster type car from Saturn. Something like the Sky concept car, maybe a little more masculine.

How about a coupe version of the L series? To compete against the Solara and Accord coupes. Though this is not really a model, just a different version.

I always thought Saturn should do a small pick-up, smaller than the S-10, all plastic body, using the ION platform.

Possibly some sort of sport-wagon-crossover type thing, based of the next gen L sedan.
Like an El Camino type thing?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Oct 30 2003, 01:07 PM
I hope the Sky is one of the new vehicles as well. That would definitely help the business case for the Solstice and hopefully lower the price of the Solstice as well. As far as the Sky looking more masculine, that'll be doubtful. I forsee the Sky production vehicle being maybe only a little less feminine than the concept is so it will still appeal to the big market of teenage girls. The Solstice and it's variations will be the Masculine looking one to appeal to the guys.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Oct 30 2003, 11:40 AM

What else can they add to the lineup? Umm...

- Roadster
- Convertible

what the heck? as far as i know, GM does not have anything like that lined up. the RELAY is the only confirmed thing. that is, unless you mention those cars *may* eventually come out of saturn, say, in 6 years or so. but the fact of the matter is, i dont' believe saturn is planning on expanding its lineup, let alone expand it to that extent.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu+Oct 31 2003, 01:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Oct 31 2003, 01:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mgescuro@Oct 30 2003, 11:40 AM

What else can they add to the lineup?  Umm... 

- Roadster
- Convertible

what the heck? as far as i know, GM does not have anything like that lined up. the RELAY is the only confirmed thing. that is, unless you mention those cars *may* eventually come out of saturn, say, in 6 years or so. but the fact of the matter is, i dont' believe saturn is planning on expanding its lineup, let alone expand it to that extent. [/b][/quote]
its not really that hard
jus think
1-saturn ion hybrid
2-saturn vue hybrid
3-sky based roadster
two of those are green line models but htey coun thtem as new cars i think

·
Registered
44,279 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu+Oct 30 2003, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Oct 30 2003, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mgescuro@Oct 30 2003, 11:40 AM

- Roadster
- Convertible

what the heck? as far as i know, GM does not have anything like that lined up. the RELAY is the only confirmed thing. that is, unless you mention those cars *may* eventually come out of saturn, say, in 6 years or so. but the fact of the matter is, i dont' believe saturn is planning on expanding its lineup, let alone expand it to that extent. [/b][/quote]
:huh: :huh:

Wel... the topic of this thread is "Saturn to double vehicle line in 3 years." So, if they're got ION, VUE, and L-Series... than means by 2006, they will have 3 more models in their line up.

Relay will be one. I'm just positing potential models.... :p

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by hockey81289+Oct 31 2003, 02:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hockey81289 @ Oct 31 2003, 02:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2003, 01:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mgescuro
@Oct 30 2003, 11:40 AM

- Roadster
- Convertible

what the heck? as far as i know, GM does not have anything like that lined up. the RELAY is the only confirmed thing. that is, unless you mention those cars *may* eventually come out of saturn, say, in 6 years or so. but the fact of the matter is, i dont' believe saturn is planning on expanding its lineup, let alone expand it to that extent.
its not really that hard
jus think
1-saturn ion hybrid
2-saturn vue hybrid
3-sky based roadster
two of those are green line models but htey coun thtem as new cars i think [/b][/quote]
the VUE already exists, along with the ION. the sky is the only *new* product in my eyes. the VUE and ION exist today; i don't think changing their powertrains, or rather, adding to their powertrain options justifies considering them "new" cars and in effect "doubling" saturns product line.

Off with its head!

Saturn has had its 10 years, time to kill the experiment.
while they're at it, they should kill off pontiac and GMC since they have chebby. :lol:

Wel... the topic of this thread is "Saturn to double vehicle line in 3 years." So, if they're got ION, VUE, and L-Series... than means by 2006, they will have 3 more models in their line up.

Relay will be one. I'm just positing potential models.... 
ah, but it sounded as if you were trying to state a fact, which would be wrong in either case.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu+Nov 1 2003, 01:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Nov 1 2003, 01:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mackingu@Oct 31 2003, 01:20 AM
ah, but it sounded as if you were trying to state a fact, which would be wrong in either case.
[/b][/quote]
I think he meant those are the 3 existing models, so he was trying to ask what they could add... :argue:

·
Registered
396 Posts
i'm as confused as a baby in a titty bar.

·
Registered
504 Posts
According to J.D. Power, Saturn will add a minivan, midsize SUV, and a vehicle that is "half SUV and half pickup truck" – similar to the Explorer SporTrac and Subaru Baja – to its lineup by 2007.

:p

·
Registered
44,279 Posts
Originally posted by Erunion@Nov 2 2003, 02:21 AM
According to J.D. Power, Saturn will add a minivan, midsize SUV, and a vehicle that is "half SUV and half pickup truck" – similar to the Explorer SporTrac and Subaru Baja – to its lineup by 2007.

Damn.

I was soooo hoping for a convertible. :blink:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by Erunion@Nov 2 2003, 02:21 AM

Isn't the VUE a "midsize" SUV? :huh:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.