·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News Flash!
25-Nov-2004 01:26 AM EST:

Glimpse of the Sky

Automotive News / November 29, 2004

Saturn's first roadster finally has a name: Sky. Saturn revealed the name Monday, Nov. 29, when it released the first sketches of the rear-wheel-drive vehicle. Saturn says the Sky shows the new design cues that will appear across Saturn's product lineup. The Sky will debut at the Detroit auto show in January. The car will be built at GM's Wilmington, Del., assembly plant. It will arrive at Saturn retailers in early 2006.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
SWEET! Reminds me of the Vauxhual concept (was it lightning?). True to what GM has been saying. The thing I like the least about it is the name, but I can definitely live with that.

One note, if they revealed this on Nov. 29th, then I must be in the future... AWESOME, DUDE, THIS IS TRIPPY!!!

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I like the design cues too, the headlights almost look like the Corvette lights. Is this roadster going to have anything in common with the Solstice? If the design cues from this car are shared with the rest of the platform, I think there's something to look forward to at Saturn. Let's just hope its looks don't change as much as other pre-production sketches etc do. It needs to keep that look.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Sounds interesting, but I've got one little question...how exactly was this revealed on the 29th?

It looks pretty good, hopefully Saturn comes up with even more decent stuff and can finally turn themselves around.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Great job Lutz, since Lutz only gets blame lets give the guy some credit this is a great looking car.
This could almost be a SAAB if the chrome grill was changed to a grill found on the 9 3.
Those are huge wheels.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I am interested in the transmission options offered with this vehicle. The Solstice is only scheduled to receive a manual, so I'd assume that GM's Saturn roadster will then have an automatic as an option. I just hope that it will be a 5 or 6 speed automatic. The last thing we'd need is to see GM release another "brand new" vehicle in 2006 with only a 4 speed auto.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Rex I don't see the similarities you are pointing out.
This is a small convertible but so is the Miata and the Solstice.
The Sky is not just a rebadge it is a unique look.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Its definetly a new design on kappa, and it will also be the opel/vauxhall versions of their kappa's. I've always been wondering about that video capture that we have in the spy shots area of the blurred out saturn in the backround. I think this is it possibly with a hardtop on. Anyway it looks pretty cool, the rest of the design will look pretty much like he solstice except for a more hardened skin.

If this shows a new design direction for saturn, that would mean their new cars will definetly be collaborations with opels.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.