GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Saturn, we don’t think you should not have to give up cool vehicle features just to save money at the gas pump. That’s why we are introducing a new version of the well-equipped Vue XR with an efficient four-cylinder engine.

The new model features front-wheel drive, a 2.4 DHOC Ecotec VVT engine and a four-speed transmission. It will carry an EPA fuel economy estimate of 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.

The four-cylinder Vue XR includes all XE equipment, plus roof side rails, chrome door handles, hidden under-seat storage and projector beam fog lamps. It also comes with the
Preferred Equipment Package: 8-way power driver seat, leather wrapped steering wheel, outside heated/power adjustable mirrors, lighted vanity visor, floor mats, Flex Net cargo system, automatic climate control, and Bluetooth phone connectivity.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $25,680.
More Here

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Only wish it would be avaialbe with the 6 speed auto/4 cylinder combo. The 6 speed auto is mated to the 2.4 in the Aura and Malibu...and it fits in the Vue's platform (it is available in the Vue with the 6 cylinder), so why not in this package. It would probably have a similar effect on mileage as it does in the Malibu/Aura...possibly adding 1mpg city and 2 highway to the Vue.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait a minute... that means that they DO think that you SHOULD have to give up cool features to save money at the gas pump...
no it doest. it says you should not have to give up cool features to save at the pump

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
no it doest. it says you should not have to give up cool features to save at the pump
I don't think so, unless I'm reading it wrong.

It says:

At Saturn, we don’t think you should not have to give up cool vehicle features just to save money at the gas pump.
What it should say is:

At Saturn, we don’t think you should have to give up cool vehicle features just to save money at the gas pump.
Or:

At Saturn, we think you should not have to give up cool vehicle features just to save money at the gas pump.

I'm really just knit-picking... I know what they mean... but the double-negative doesn't work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some one just mentioned "4 speed? WTF GM?"
see, this is what you called perception. What about the Subaru Forester just won the "SUV" of the Year from Motor Trend. it's still 4 speed as well. Do you make a complaint of that? What's killing this country and economy? The answer is because we have people like that. Once people hear the Key word GM or Ford, or 4 speed, they would start complaining blindly. If you have the money, no one stop you to buy a BMW x3 or and Audi Q5. Oh, did you compare about the price of the Vue to other similar vehicles?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some one just mentioned "4 speed? WTF GM?"
see, this is what you called perception. What about the Subaru Forester just won the "SUV" of the Year from Motor Trend. it's still 4 speed as well. Do you make a complaint of that? What's killing this country and economy? The answer is because we have people like that. Once people hear the Key word GM or Ford, or 4 speed, they would start complaining blindly. If you have the money, no one stop you to buy a BMW x3 or and Audi Q5. Oh, did you compare about the price of the Vue to other similar vehicles?
Yup, that's me, blind complainer.

:rolleyes:

My problem is that if you are going to develop a model to sell as a fuel efficient version, why wouldn't you make every effort possible to increase the mileage?

...and who the hell cares what Motor Trend thinks? I don't shop for vehicles based on magazine opinions.

·
Registered
9,097 Posts
Yup, that's me, blind complainer.

:rolleyes:

My problem is that if you are going to develop a model to sell as a fuel efficient version, why wouldn't you make every effort possible to increase the mileage?

...and who the hell cares what Motor Trend thinks? I don't shop for vehicles based on magazine opinions.
Exactly. Not only that but the Vue is a very heavy vehicle and could use the extra gear multiplication to help get that weight moving.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ummm how is this really different from a 2008 XE? Trim details? Filed under "who cares?". 19/26 isn't something to be too proud of for a small SUV.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts