GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havn't seen the movie yet, but I seen a clip of Spider-Man were a Saturn Ion is being thrown at Peter and Mary Jane by the vilian in the movie ( I just forgot the name of that guy). Anyone who has seen the movie, can you tell me if there any other Saturn shots in the movie? And do you think it will make a difference in sales if people see it in the movie?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I've seen the movie, and it is quite good.
There is no clear vehicle sponsor. There are a variety of cars from different manufacturers.

Only someone that really knows cars will identify the Saturn that goes through the window. There is no deliberate shots of the logo or anything, and no one mentions it by name.

I really don't think it has any chance of increasing Saturn sales at all.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If Saturn is really interested in gaining sales from Spider-Man, they should use that stupid Spidey-sense thing that Burger King is using...it would make a funny and stupid commercial.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
This won't have any effect on Saturn. If Saturn would have sponsored the movie and put dozens of Saturns, then it may of had an impact.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
again i'm curious about the effect marketing has on the success of a vehicle. according to some list in another poll, the GTO has lotsa buzz and hype, but they're not selling, whereas the 300C (the most buzzed and hyped) is selling very well. maybe a great marketing campaign can move a few more units, but does it truly have that much of an effect? did honda ever market to import tuners, or is it just now, in hindsight? advertising can tell you about a vehicle you might otherwise not have known anything about, but will having the car demolished in superman make anyone overlook the cars flaws?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Would've been funnier if the villan threw a Ford Focus instead of the Saturn, since they're much bigger pieces of s**t. Movie was great though.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I know that there is some tie in with the Burger King Spiderman promo, one of the prizes in the Burger King game is a "family of Saturns", which I am guessing is a n L series, an ION coupe and sedan and a VUE.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I don't think that it is the problem the GTO is selling. It seems that production & delieveries are very little, so they are not able, plus the GTO is built in Australia, while the 300 is built right here in America.
------
I wouldn't waste time advertising an ION in Spider-Man. It would cost a lot of money, and GM would be redesigning it within a year, so everyone would go and buy a 2004 ION, while the 2005 would be right around the corner....

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by gmwsag@Jul 6 2004, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't waste time advertising an ION in Spider-Man. It would cost a lot of money, and GM would be redesigning it within a year, so everyone would go and buy a 2004 ION, while the 2005 would be right around the corner....
if there was ANY way GM could make "everyone would go and buy a 2004 ION", i'd say do it! unfortunately, the car is underwhelming, and a big fancy ad would just leave people disappointed when they went and saw the car.

·
Registered
44,289 Posts
Ok... for those who have sen the movie.
Once the ION comes crashinginto the window.... you see a silver Cadillac in the left corner.
Is that a CTS?? Or an XLR??

The secne goes quickly. At first I thought it was a CTS... but it looked a bit too sharp so I thought it was an XLR. Then there was an overhead view... and it looked like an STS.

What is it?!?!?!?!?

:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did just realize this after seeing the commercial a few times, it might just be a coincidence but the Burger King Spidy Sense Game" one of the prizes is a "family" of Saturns

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I saw spiderman last night, decent movie, despite the fact that I didnt understand anything at all (goddamn quebec), and I only knew that it was an ion from the stupid ugly wheels. I noticed that caddy too......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Isin't the villan in this film Doctor Ock?

Also that is a major inconsistensy, it would take an even harder impact then that to make plastic side panels shatter like that.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I liked the movie, but there was so many incoherences and mistakes in the movie (according to the comic or cartoon)... that I'm afraid that there's not going to be a movie about Venom :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, They could have tried throwing the Saturn through the window then it landing, without a dent, and they could point out the dent-resistant paneling? That might have helped?? :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by CorvetteC6@Aug 5 2004, 07:22 PM
Also that is a major inconsistensy, it would take an even harder impact then that to make plastic side panels shatter like that.
haha! i like that that's the most prominent flaw you saw in the movie! how about a man with mechanical arms that take over his body?!? hahaha! just joking man... i sure didn't notice the shattered plastic panels. good eye! like others said the saturn wasn't really very distinguishable. if it weren't for those horrid wheels i wouldn't have noticed at all. not sure what the critics are raving about... it was entertaining, but nothing special. effects weren't anything to write home about. i still say jurassic park was amazingly well executed, and can hold its own (special effects-wise) all these years later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts