GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The Soltise looks so good and this looks so bad it's amazing they share the same platform. The grill/headlight combination look like a funky Bugatti Veyron (not a pretty car IMO) or something. Yuck.

Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is how you kill a car.If this had been promoted as an Oldsmobile....all the franchises would have had there front doors locked up...CLOSED FOR BUSINESS.

Goodbye Saturn, with this, it is a given...your toast.

P.S.

Is that a redo of the Edsel horsecollar?

·
Registered
571 Posts
the styling isn't too bad, a little chrysler-esque. If anything, it's too sophisticated looking to be a saturn, and doesn't look to be in the "saturn family" IMO ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally posted by Andy@Jan 4 2004, 04:24 PM
the styling isn't too bad, a little chrysler-esque. If anything, it's too sophisticated looking to be a saturn, and doesn't look to be in the "saturn family" IMO ;)
I agree with Andy. Since when is DaimlerChrysler producing Saturns? I think that Saturn must do something, though. They are currently headed in the wrong styling direction.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nice design, but (correct me if i'm wrong), wasn't Saturn supposed to be the 'affordable' entry level division? It's nice to see people @ GM's design studio taking chances...

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I love it (sorry), but I don't know if it would be a good product for Saturn. I bought my Saturn precisely because I wanted a cheap no-nonsense reliable car. It's one thing to offer cars that are attractive and affordable (i.e. ION and VUE), but a Saturn roadster makes as much sense to me as a two-seater Geo Metro convertible. Remember that thing?

:pain:

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Saturn is GM's "import fighter", but it does not have to mean low price too, though one of the goals of Saturn was to design and build small cars in the US profitably. Since it has been more than 10 years since Saturns hit the streets, I think that it's good too add some shine to the model line.

If this car is priced around $20,000-$22,000 it will fit just right in the Saturn line up. The ION coupe runs from about $14,000-$19,000 so this is a small step above. Also the L series (and their replacements) sell in the $18,000-$23,000 range and the VUE runs from about $16,000-$23,000. Remember also that the "RedLine" cars are also going to come out too. Those will probably have $2000 or more premium over the regular versions.

You can still get the basic ION sedan with AC for about $12,000, so Saturns still are affordable.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Jan 7 2004, 07:10 PM
If this car is priced around $20,000-$22,000 it will fit just right in the Saturn line up. The ION coupe runs from about $14,000-$19,000 so this is a small step above. Also the L series (and their replacements) sell in the $18,000-$23,000 range and the VUE runs from about $16,000-$23,000. Remember also that the "RedLine" cars are also going to come out too. Those will probably have $2000 or more premium over the regular versions.

You can still get the basic ION sedan with AC for about $12,000, so Saturns still are affordable.
Those are some really impressive numbers. I simply don't understand how Saturn doesn't sell more. The L-series for example-- it looks very expensive in person...

·
Registered
48 Posts
:plasma: Where have you seen a L series for under 20k? In the 4 years we have built them, I havent............
I just read a article on The Car Connection that says the CURVE WILL BE BUILT AT THE WILMINGTON ASSEMBLY PLANT WITH THE SOLSTICE!!! Does anyone have a timeframe?

·
Registered
43,819 Posts
Saturn Curve has been green-lighted for production.
This is pretty good news!!

Not quite sure where it will fit in teh line-up... but it is a good sign for Saturn!!!!

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
2004 Saturn L300 $16,995.......maybe they don't make them during your shift?

At $16,995, even I was off by a $1000. This is the base 4 banger 5 speed model.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts