GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the Aura is pretty much a brand new vehicle, it has started to appear dated. So, to freshen things up a bit, the Aura has been enlarged just slightly and given a shorter greenhouse to enhance its sportier image.

-Chase

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
looks good, but it reminds me of a 300c, if a 300c became more rounded.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid of that.... The way that the grille turned out started to look Chrysler-ish, and the C-pillar was drawn a little more square than I had originally intended (I traced over my original, and probably got slightly off-track...)

-Chase

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wow that looks great. I can see it as a Saturn/Opel, or as a next gen 300. Give it a chrysler style grill insert (can't remember what they call it, but it is just vertical and horizontal slats), and throw the Chrysler wings at the top of it... and you got a new 300.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I can see how people might see a little 300 in the grill, but it's much more dramatic in nearly every respect. I do think the rear needs flared some what to match the front fenders though.

On a side note, I think whoever wants to win this contest is going to have to do a Buick--they'll get the votes considering the shape Buick is in now when compared to Saturns (which look pretty good today) or GM's other divisions.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I am considering revisiting this when I am bored... I think that I might try what you suggested 2648562 and add a flare to the rear wheels, and maybe update the front a bit to look a little less 300-ish.

-Chase

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I love what you've done with that front end! However, if you wanted to make it look a bit less 300ish, the best thing might be to ditch the mesh grille texture. If we don't associate it with Bentleys, we associate it with the 300 because of the aftermarket grilles. I'd suggest horizontal bars, without a chrome border (too Mercedes).

·
Registered
489 Posts
ish don't think so!

doors need to be shaved in more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts