GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello a newbie with an Astra. I was wondering if it is possable to install the european front lip on a north american front bumper like this here:

sorry for the big pic.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hey, another guy with an Astra!!! Welcome.

Anyways, I dont see a pic, but do you want to just change the entire front clip, or add something to the facia thats there? Either way I do not believe the facia was changed much, mostly just changing the logos, so I think either way it might work.

Opel front end

Saturn Front end

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, another guy with an Astra!!! Welcome.

Anyways, I dont see a pic, but do you want to just change the entire front clip, or add something to the facia thats there? Either way I do not believe the facia was changed much, mostly just changing the logos, so I think either way it might work.

Opel front end

Saturn Front end
ya, like the lip on the top pic. here is a better closeup of it..i do not know why you can't see the pic, o well

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I was going to look at my car closer last night, but kinda forgot to, sorry. But it looks like to me its just a different air dam on the car (at least if its the black thing at the bottom of the facia you are looking at). I would look to see whats there right now and if there is a mounting points for the new dam, or one that you would have to take off the saturn to put the different one on. Or else you might just have to buy an entire new facia. I try to look tonight and let you know what I see, but I am guessing right now you might need an entire new facia to get that dam.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Just so you guys know there is a different metal bumper under the facia on the Saaturn version to meet US crash standards. This is done at the factory in belgium. The Euro facia may not fit over the thicker metal.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.