GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Doody All, I've been meaning to post this, but haven't had the chance until tonite. On Thursday April 22nd a local Pontiac dealer was having a special invitation party celebrating the renovation of his showroom & the introduction of the GTO (he has about 10). Well since my Dad & I put on a all Pontiac & GMC show at his dealership every year (this will be our 20th year in June) so we got invited. I got there around 7:00 p.m. & helped myself to the free food and met up with my Dad and started to listen to people conversations such as:
"It looks bland with the single exhaust outlet, the GP looks more agressive with the dual's", "How come it doesn't have hood scoops like the original?"
stuff like that.

Walked around a bit more & met some other people I knew, and then came the planting of my butt in the seat of the Bah Bah Blue Goat B)......First off it was very easy to get into, unlike my Dad's Trans Am that you kinda have to do yogo/watch your head type deal, the seat had very good back support along with the "fits like a glove" type feel. I actually liked the radio compared to a Delco system, it looked very simple but very stylish also, my Dad figured out how to turn it on before I did :lol:.

The friends that I met didn't like the GTO at first glance, but when they sat into it they would say "Well, hmm...I like it, I would have to drive it though" Note these guys are in their 40's and own or have owned an original GTO.

Well then came the nit picky observations:
Location of the altenator- looks very hard to get to if mainience work is needed.

What is the button on the dash with the gas filler? is it to pop open the gas door or to reset the trip meter? I forgot to press it to see what it did.

The Traction Control button- pretty stupid place to put it if you ask me, it should be place someplace by the radio or heater controls, but that's just me.

Trunk "popper" button- putting it in the glove box was a good idea, but it took about 10 pushes in order for the trunk the finally unlock since the wing is so heavy.

The trunk- :pain: :pain: :pain: this is what turned me off the most, what is the point of the trunk is all you have in it is the gas tank in there and room and for a couple of bags of chips. And those trunk hinges oh boy the hinges.....do they come like that from Holden or did GM have to use the screen door size freakin' things for the gas tank reason??

I still have yet to drive it, and I will in July or possible sooner for a whole weekend! I might even have a chance to bring it to the local dragstrip, thanks to my Dad suggesting to the head salesman that is one of the selling points Pontiac had with the original.

Pretty neat picture my Dad took-

·
Registered
785 Posts
This car is great but the rear needs to be updated badly. The car should have a high rear with larger tires and maybe some nice round lights. Could look a lot meaner than it does but it should be just as enjoyable in its present form.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts