GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Sao Paulo: Chevy GPiX Concept

Sao Paulo, Brazil - General Motors revealed the Chevrolet GPiX crossover coupe concept today at the 25th edition of the Sao Paulo International Auto Show. The Chevrolet GPiX concept was developed by General Motors Design in Brazil and represents a potential new segment for GM in the Mercosur region.

The GPiX concept features a two-door body style with high ground clearance appropriate for the types of roads and conditions found in emerging markets. "It offers the sporty design and versatility necessary for a country with the continental dimensions of Brazil," said Carlos Barba, General Director of Design for GM Latin America, Africa and Middle East.

GPiX also combines Chevrolet's global design "DNA" with the cost-benefit proposition necessary to compete in today's emerging markets. Jaime Ardila, President of General Motors Brazil and Mercosur said, "with this project, the Chevrolet GPiX concept could result in the development of many models for Brazil and the Mercosur region."

Dynamic and daring design

The GPiX concept draws attention with its strong profile and a lateral waistline that exudes dynamism. Its daring front end is highlighted by the famous Chevrolet gold bowtie in the front grille and LED headlamps. The 17-inch mixed-use wheels and tires add a rugged look to the crossover coupe. And, the panoramic glass roof provides maximum light in the passenger compartment and increases the sensation of space.

Versatile on the inside with space for four

The GPiX concept stands out even more for its versatility and technology. Its interior is functional with seating for four. All seats fold and the floor panel is flat, which increases spaciousness.

The instrument panel has a modern design, with easy-to-read digital displays. The multifunctional steering wheel has a completely new design and is made for total driver-car interaction. The driver can easily use the connectivity and entertainment systems available, such as Bluetooth, hand-held computers, CD player and MP3 player, among others.

It also includes features that customers have come to expect in production Chevrolet vehicles offered in Brazil, such as air conditioning, power steering and power windows.

The name GPiX is a pseudonym for Global Image. "G" for global and "Pix" meaning "picture" or "image".

GM Design Center in Brazil

GM's Design Center in Brazil is one of 11 GM studios around the world. Its facilities are being expanded to meet increased responsibilities in the GM global development process.

GM is investing US$ 36 million to expand the facilities, acquire new and more modern equipment and hire new professionals. When complete, the GM Design Center in Brazil will triple in size from 3,000 sq. m. to 9,150 sq. m. and the staff will increase from 79 to 190 professionals.

The Design Center, which was already one of the most modern in Brazil, will also add next generation equipment to its '3D' virtual reality facility to become the most advanced studio in the country and on par with any automotive design studio in the world.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
That's cute.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is no Doubt that GM can make nice concepts which come to production, but really, the sales are so low it doesn't even matter.

Sorry, I'm just depressed about the economy and the auto industry in general. Detroit (NAIAS) will be less spectacular this year.
:mad:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I see a 2 door Vibe...
I like the exterior... interior, not so much it looks really 1990 Pontiac concepts. (I think it was the pointiac Rageous that was inspired from the Trans Sport)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
the rear end looks horrible.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
...Sorry, I'm just depressed about the economy and the auto industry in general. Detroit (NAIAS) will be less spectacular this year.
As out-of-place as this comment may seem, there's always a silver lining to every cloud. Oil (and by virtue of that, gasoline) prices are dropping to more appropriate levels. Food prices are finally stabilizing. Existing home sales rose last month, which probably is a result of the relative bargains out there. And there's a whole lot of cheap equities to be had that will reward handsomely investors who invest with a long-term gaze. Like even the recession of the 70's (and the depression of the 30's) in many ways we will emerge stronger than before.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Wait... it looks like they disassembled the Saturn Vue Concept show car and tweaked a couple panels and made it a Chevy. The Vue concept was a 2 door model as well.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
My only major concern from initial impressions is the size of the rear glass, I would think a larger glass area would be better for increased rear visability for the driver.

Otherwise it is a nice looking small vehicle.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I love it! it would fit just under Equinox in the lineup. I think a small SUV like this would sell well. I like Equinox and Vue but they can get over $30K when you start checking boxes on the option list. A small SUV that maxes out at $25K would be just what this terrible economy ordered. Add in fuel eficiency and it would be a home run.

But alas...Like Orlando concept and Beat, it will never make it to North America.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
thats a nice lookin car but the interior seems kinda cheap.

is this supposed to be a entry level car?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts