Honda 80,249 (23.6)
Chevrolet 76,851 (5.4)
Ford 76,538 (-1.1)

YTD 2004 Car Sales (percent change 2003):

Toyota 381,440 (3.6)
Chevrolet 360,922 (15.2)
Ford 327,151 (-9.5)
Honda 298,350

Much to my chagrin, Toyota had a stellar May 2004...

· Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by AJR@Jun 7 2004, 06:36 AM
As to the next Toyota Avalon, I've read that it looks nothing like the picture floating around. The rumor I read about the upcoming Avalon is that it looks like a 300M or 300C (the person was confused about this), but he said it had a 270 hp 3.5 V-6 and a to-die-for interior. I have no idea if this rumor is true or not. I read it in a Lexus broad I sometimes visit, and it supposedily came from a Toyota worker in Kentucky. Take it for what it its worth. It could be big trouble or just another ugly shot from Toyota. We'll have to wait and see.
From what I've seen on previous posts, the next generation Avalon looks like an oversized Prius. Therefore, I'm not a fan of it, so I hope they produce it in that form!

In terms of the Chevrolet-Toyota battle, while the Avalon obviously boosts Toyota's sales, and Chevrolet has no counterpart to the Avalon, I see the Avalon more as a threat to the LeSabre. So, it would seem that Buick is the division that will have to counter the Avalon, which shouldn't be too difficult. Buick can certainly match (exceed?) Toyota's quality, and Toyota certainly doesn't set the styling bar too high.

In reference to your source's opinion of the next generation Avalon, I agree with your discrediting his point-of-view: his opinion is not very objective, especially since his job partially depends on the success of the next Avalon, which is built alongside the Camry in Kentucky.

And from what I've seen, the similarly-priced Hemi 300C has it all over the next generation Avalon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.