GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I'd never given the new GMC Canyon a second look when I saw it in pictures, but I saw one on the road today and MAN was it purrrr-ty!

I went to gmc.com to look at some interior pictures and--while I realize some folks around here aren't crazy about GM interiors in general--I thought it was pretty decent even if wasn't as handsome as the outside.

Kudos to GMC. Nice piece of work!

I'm suddenly a little curious to look see a Colorado in real life. Will I be just as impressed?...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I felt the same way about the Colorado till I saw 1 @ the Chevy dealership I pass everyday as I head 2 work. I must say it's a very snazzy looky truck. Pictures don't do it justice (and this was a base 4 banger).
I also have finally seen a Bright Yellow SSR sitting @ another lot a pass every so often....... :bounce: :wub: :wub: That is a nice piece of machinery...oh if I could just lick its fenders,rub it headlights,nuzzle deep inside of its passenger compartment...I'd B in heaven...Kudos GM!!!!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by casket_demon@Dec 23 2003, 04:14 PM
...oh if I could just lick its fenders,rub it headlights,nuzzle deep inside of its passenger compartment...I'd B in heaven...
'Don't think I needed the visual, but thanks for sharing your impression. B)

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Dec 23 2003, 05:12 PM
The SSR definitely rates a solid "@ss-rubbin' good."

Ghrankenstein
I actually saw a Black SSR the other day (I think it was Sunday) while filling up my GTP. I quickly took a picture using my gf's camera phone. I have to see how to access those images...hmmmm ;)

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and I saw a yellow SSR on my way home from work last night. What a great pair of new GM bookends for my commute yesterday: a Canyon on the way in and an SSR on the way home.

That was my first SSR sighting, BTW. At $40K a pop, I wasn't sure I'd ever see one. :blink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Drove a new colorado today at work. pretty nice for the compact market. the interior is a little plain but nice. motor sounds weird but good power. i thing chevy has a good solid replacement for the s10. thumbs up to GM

·
Registered
475 Posts
The colorado is a very nice improvement from the S10.

I've seen SSR's for a while, but they don't really impress me at all.

I guess that makes sense though, I'm not the 40 something, mid life crisis having target demographic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have only seen one Canyon on the road in these parts, but if I see another I'l wave. After 300 miles, I'd say I am going to keep this truck for a while. I can't say I'm impressed with my local GM dealer, they tried to keep the molded floormats that come with SLE trim and subsitute the cheapest Wal-Mart mats. Lost my trust just trying to get a few extra bucks. How stupid can you get? Next vehicle, I will drive 20 miles to another dealer. In my opinion the SSR is just another overpriced cartoonish roadster like the Daimler Prowler. I haven't seen a Colorado because they can't legally be sold in Texas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have only seen one Canyon on the road in these parts, but if I see another I'l wave. After 300 miles, I'd say I am going to keep this truck for a while. I can't say I'm impressed with my local GM dealer, they tried to keep the molded floormats that come with SLE trim and subsitute the cheapest Wal-Mart mats. Lost my trust just trying to get a few extra bucks. How stupid can you get? Next vehicle, I will drive 20 miles to another dealer. In my opinion the SSR is just another overpriced cartoonish roadster like the Daimler Prowler. I haven't seen a Colorado because they can't legally be sold in Texas.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I saw a Chevy Colorado on the road when I was going home from school, and I just feel in love :D
It was a nice red pearl one with the crew cab option, aw it looked beutiful. Then when I was at a McDonalds, I saw on the corner of my eye a Colorado pulled-up to the drive thru window. It was a Black one and it looked awesome. My Nephew who was eating with me, who is not into cars that much, liked it as well. I was sad when they said they weren't gonna make anymore S10's. But this is perfect replacement and another great truck.
It seems that any company using the Colorado truck platform has there own good versions. The GMC Canyon is also great, the Hummer H3T totally rocked, and even the Isuzu D-Max is not that bad. I just hope the Colorado Xtreme will be like the Syclone :D
BTW, does anyone notice that the Colorado and the Silverado some similar? ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by patentmike@Jan 16 2004, 04:39 PM
Why dan't the Colorado by sold in TX?!?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002+Jan 25 2004, 02:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyboexpo2002 @ Jan 25 2004, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-patentmike@Jan 16 2004, 04:39 PM
I have only seen one Canyon on the road in these parts, but if I see another I'l wave.  After 300 miles, I'd say I am going to keep this truck for a while.  I can't say I'm impressed with my local GM dealer, they tried to keep the molded floormats that come with SLE trim and subsitute the cheapest Wal-Mart mats.  Lost my trust just trying to get a few extra bucks.  How stupid can you get?  Next vehicle, I will drive 20 miles to another dealer.  In my opinion the SSR is just another overpriced cartoonish roadster like the Daimler Prowler.  I haven't seen a Colorado because they can't legally be sold in Texas.
Why dan't the Colorado by sold in TX?!?[/b][/quote]
Named after a lesser state. They were lucky "Yukon" could waive in because nobody really lives there. "Colorado" probably sounds great if you live someplace like Maryland or California, but in Texas, it's kind of like naming your vehicle "Slug" or "Pus". (Seen a "New Yorker" lately?) I don't know what Chevy was thinking.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by patentmike+Jan 26 2004, 12:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (patentmike @ Jan 26 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2004, 02:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-patentmike
@Jan 16 2004, 04:39 PM
I have only seen one Canyon on the road in these parts, but if I see another I'l wave.  After 300 miles, I'd say I am going to keep this truck for a while.  I can't say I'm impressed with my local GM dealer, they tried to keep the molded floormats that come with SLE trim and subsitute the cheapest Wal-Mart mats.  Lost my trust just trying to get a few extra bucks.  How stupid can you get?  Next vehicle, I will drive 20 miles to another dealer.  In my opinion the SSR is just another overpriced cartoonish roadster like the Daimler Prowler.  I haven't seen a Colorado because they can't legally be sold in Texas.

Why dan't the Colorado by sold in TX?!?
Named after a lesser state. They were lucky "Yukon" could waive in because nobody really lives there. "Colorado" probably sounds great if you live someplace like Maryland or California, but in Texas, it's kind of like naming your vehicle "Slug" or "Pus". (Seen a "New Yorker" lately?) I don't know what Chevy was thinking. [/b][/quote]
ah- this simply reaffirms the fact that Texas is almost as crazy as Canada. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts