GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Saab isnt doing too hot these days in sales. they need a halo car, something relatively affordable, sporty, nice looking. I propose a new saab sonnett.
It would have some very good competition, in form of BMW Z4 and Nissan 350 Z, and could concievably slot in above the 9-3. Not sure of what engine to use, but I did give it a duck-tail like the Saab EV1 concept car, as well as a clamsell hood, a Saab 9x derived front fascia, Sonnett-like bodysides, a fairly quirky overall shape and rear lights are a mix of the 9-3s (in shape) and Ev1 concepts (location on back). Its a quick render in MSpaint so its not perfect, but I really ohpe they build something similar.

·
Registered
43,951 Posts
:eek:
Who said Saab is not doing well in sales this year?? They hit company record numbers this past year!
And they are alreayd working on a Kappa based vehicle. :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
This design isn't doing much for me. looks like you put a saab face on an f-body, with some influence from the batmobile. the quality is good for having done this only on paint.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by ZiggyKD@Jan 24 2004, 11:36 PM
This design isn't doing much for me.  looks like you put a saab face on an f-body, with some influence from the batmobile.  the quality is good for having done this only on paint.
Fbody? I hope this doesnt look like a disgusting Fbody. I hate that nasty thing. In any case, the ducktail is from the EV1 concept, and I was trying to put that part into the car, but people keep saying it looks like an FBODY. I guess its the angle, because this is supposed to have a long hood/short rear deck (like a 350Z or supra), completely opposite of the "Fugly body"
It woulsd make sense though, because GM is taking the lame route of rebodying a subaru WRX as a new saab, so why not an FbodY? Oh thats true, it was ugly and didnt sell. Well I redesigned the back, I hope its not too Fbody anymore

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by SilverZ@Jan 25 2004, 02:27 PM
Oh God. :microwave:
lol
im not mad, I just detest hte Fbodies with a passion so seeing my design compared to fbody is a great insult to me in a way.

·
Registered
372 Posts
still not liking this at all. I must say though, you're pretty good with paint. you should give photoshop a try, you'd do well with that it seems.

·
Registered
830 Posts
This screams "F-body". Look at the first pic. The rear end is almost identical to a Firebird.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
THE F-BODY WAS ALL ABOUT LONG HOOD, SHORT-DECK. WHAT A MORON!!!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Wow, I dont know what to say about teh fbody comments other then you have a lot of balls to call the fbody ugly. Id like to see what modern art masterpiece you drive. Please, that picture you made looks like you lifted 90% of the t/a and put a saab front end on it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Feb 13 2004, 04:59 AM
Wow, I dont know what to say about teh fbody comments other then you have a lot of balls to call the fbody ugly. Id like to see what modern art masterpiece you drive. Please, that picture you made looks like you lifted 90% of the t/a and put a saab front end on it.
The Fbody Camaro sucks IMO, but I recall saying the Firebird was nice. get your head out of GMs *** please. Its a bland design. As for what I drive. Its a boring Chevy S10. Im not in ap osition to care about styling of my vehicle at this point in my life.
I actually wwas not even htinking of an Fbody when I made this. It just happens that it came out that way because of proportion and ducktail lid. the ducktail is supposed to recall the Saab EV1 concept car, and the front uses the latest Saab concept headlights and grille. Again, Fbodies were not styling masterpieces either so shut up.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Innotech@Jan 25 2004, 03:13 PM
im not mad, I just detest hte Fbodies with a passion so seeing my design compared to fbody is a great insult to me in a way.
a persons opinion CAN'T be wrong! that's the nature of an opinion. post your pics here and people are gonna comment. if buddy-boy sees F-body in it... then he sees it. you can't rag on someone for commenting. just like no one can say that you don't see the camaro as bland.

(bland? what's that guy talking about? ;))

BTW, i think you did a great job on your pic! i get too frustrated with paint and give up. keep it up! lets see some more concepts!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am entitled to my opinion too, but I overdid it. If I offend anyone, Ive been battling the flu and certain difficult college classes, so Im not in the best mood lately. However no matter how unintentional, my design does look like a damned Fbody, so Im gonna redo it. My next concept though is a mid engined Buick, but Im drawing it this time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts