1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saab Mailer Seeks Traction for New Model
Mickey Alam Khan
DMNews.com

Saab Cars USA begins a staggered drop of 650,000 mail pieces next week to promote the Saab 9-2x, a new entrant to the nascent premium sports compact segment signifying the biggest product development program in the automaker's history.

Designed and produced by Euro RSCG 4D, Baltimore, the campaign targets higher-income, well-educated consumers ages 25-45 with active lifestyles in urban markets.

"Saab's strategy with this campaign is to make significant investments in analytics upfront to develop a highly targeted mail file that will create awareness of this new product and drive these consumers to the dealer," said Al Fontova, direct marketing manager at Saab, Norcross, GA.

Euro RSCG 4D produced a three-panel mailer with two versions -- one for younger prospects and another for older -- to pitch the new Saab line starting at $22,990 for the Linear model and $26,950 for the Aero.

The self-mailer is embossed with a faux tire track on the outside to grab the recipient's attention. It also communicates that this is Saab's first all-wheel-drive vehicle, which offers traction on the road as one key benefit.

Prospects are asked to mail in a business reply card, log onto the site at www.saabusa.com or visit a Saab dealer for more information on the 9-2x. Also included is a $30 SuperCertificate from GiftCertificates.com to encourage a test drive, plus a sweepstakes.

"Because Saab is marketing to a narrow group of consumers," Fontova said, "direct mail is crucial to the effort [because of] its ability to precisely target a specific group of customers."

Full Article Here

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
we just got our first 9-2X about 3 or 4 days ago, and yes it does look like a Subie, but it also has the SAAB look. besides, factor in all the stuff you c can have on the SAAB that you can't on the Sube, and you're playing to a new group of people. it works, i'm telling you. don't knock it. i've shown hatchback customers the car, and they like it. i think it will bring in new customers, and bring the people who love their hatchbacks in to buy again. it's a great move. i like it. i'd buy one.

·
Registered
43,969 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@May 31 2004, 05:58 PM
we just got our first 9-2X about 3 or 4 days ago, and yes it does look like a Subie, but it also has the SAAB look. besides, factor in all the stuff you c can have on the SAAB that you can't on the Sube, and you're playing to a new group of people. it works, i'm telling you. don't knock it. i've shown hatchback customers the car, and they like it. i think it will bring in new customers, and bring the people who love their hatchbacks in to buy again. it's a great move. i like it. i'd buy one.
:lol:
Only the rear windows make it look like a Subaru. The rest is pretty distinctly Saab. Definitely agree it will bring in new customers... and it already has...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts