GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looks like the GM Paris preview was going on today and these guys snuck some pictures of the Saab 9X Air convertible concept up on the projection screen. It looks pretty sweet, sort of a tough looking little speedster. It would be awesome if this was the direction they took Saab convertibles in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Saab 9X Air To Debut In Paris

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If only this could come out on Kappa II...

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Mostly Gamma II, which the 9-x was/is based on.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Hmmm... a kappa Saab would have been a good idea. Even if a RWD Saab sounds odd, they could have charged a premium thast might have helped male kappy financially viable. Then again they'd have sold about 5.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Kappa II is dead. No money.

If this were to come to fruition, I'd say Delta II or Gamma ( depending on platform flexibility).
Do you think it would be overly optimistic to hope for a shortened alpha as a successor to kappa?

·
Registered
44,160 Posts
Do you think it would be overly optimistic to hope for a shortened alpha as a successor to kappa?
That is the actual rumor.
I'm hoping for it, cause I'd like Sky to continue on as a car.

But Cadillac is now in full control of Alpha. So i would expect some pretty high end features to Alpha; therefore, the cars on Alpha won't be cheap.

If there were a 2-seat roadster type car coming on Alpha, I would assume it would be Cadillac's SLK competitor.
Maybe there would be room for a Saab Sonnet? But I'd expect it on Delta II or Gamma/II.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Does this ride on the same platform as the Solstice/Sky?

·
Registered
458 Posts
That is the actual rumor.
I'm hoping for it, cause I'd like Sky to continue on as a car.

But Cadillac is now in full control of Alpha. So i would expect some pretty high end features to Alpha; therefore, the cars on Alpha won't be cheap.

If there were a 2-seat roadster type car coming on Alpha, I would assume it would be Cadillac's SLK competitor.
Maybe there would be room for a Saab Sonnet? But I'd expect it on Delta II or Gamma/II.
That's interesting. Maybe not putting this on kappa or alpha would be for the best in the interest of keeping down overlap. I would be excited to see a Cadillac SLK (maybe call it XSR or something similar) in the near future.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, I'm not the biggest Saab fan, however this thing looks pretty nifty! I can only assume that it rides on the same architecture as the 9-X (which is supposed to be Gamma for the production 9-1) which would make sense as a way of keeping production costs in check if it were to be built, however I think I agree with the general sentiment that if you're not building it, stop showing it. I know they're trying to build an image for the future of the brand, but how about a production car off one of the awesome concepts from the last four years?

Then again, it doesn't seem to have hurt Mazsa to keep pumping out concepts which never see the light of day so maybe they know something we don't!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts