GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Following the first photos taken by Jalopnik.com at a GM Paris show preview event in Detroit, German print mag Autobild was up next with the leakage of 5 low-res press images. Now, our Scandinavian neighbors, AutoMotorsport.se have trumped them all with details, new hi-res photos and even a test drive of the yet to be revealed Saab 9-X Air Concept!

Confirmed by AMS through Saab sources, the 9-X Air Concept is a preview of the production Saab 9-3 convertible which is planned to go into production in 2011. Based on the 9-X BioHybrid concept, which appeared in Geneva, the 9-X Air highlights a new, patent pending, innovative top called, Triple Top. The main aspect of the design are the C-pillars which sweep upwards rising above the belt line. AMS amusingly suggests that in English, the top may be referred to as a “Toupée Top”. Another innovation is seen in the back window as it is not integrated into the folding soft top like most convertibles. Instead, it is hidden in a compartment between the rear seats and trunk space and can be raised and lowered when the soft top is folded down.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080917.011/more-saab-9-x-air-concept-photos--details-emerge

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
That's quite interesting. I wonder how mgescuro will react.

And a 1.4l that gets 5 l/100km while producing 200hp. Nice.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
when i am retired i want a convertible, it doesn't matter what kind, i just want one.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,157 Posts
cool car... saab needs cool cars
Saab needs dealers!
If they're not gonna get rid of Saturn they should pair 'em up with Saab.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Looks sweet.. too bad it'll take 10 years before it goes to production.. if it even goes to production.

·
Registered
299 Posts
so with the back glass up- you should get a built in wind-buffer screen effect- so two in the back seats can actually enjoy the convertible at highway speeds.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, it's still cool.

Plus, maybe they can build this on the Solstice/Sky platform and save those cars from being discontinued.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Volt called and said it wants it's tail lights back....

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Volt called and said it wants it's tail lights back....
Nothing personal but, I am so tired of people writing that. The Chevy actually took Saab's design and lights and created the Volt concept. Google pics of the Saab Aero X (it predates the Volt) and you'll see.

This car is sooo hot. I just can't wait to see what they are going to do with the next 9-5. These concepts keep me drooling with anticipation for the 9-5.

Based on these concepts and that hot new 9-3, I at least know that I will be staying with Saab and purchasing my fourth Saab in a few years.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get out of town, a Saab I'd actually want to own??? But can I own one? No not yet. Quit stalling GM, you've teased us mercilessly with concepts now is the time to strike with production versions, surely you have a 9-5 just ready to hit showrooms. If Saab can deliver cars like this and the first 9-X concept quickly they could turn their fortunes around and actually ressurect the brand, but they must be quick, people won't stay interested forever if they don't see results.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts