GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
Well, crap. Its not over yet, maybe we will be pleasantly suprised by it. They say it will have better performance, I don't see how it could be any faster than the Rainier or the like. 15.5 quarter, tops.

· Registered
610 Posts
You're not going to bitch about the Boxer configuration? Not Saab either.

This is new territory for Saab. Maybe a break from tradition is what they need. If they make it look like a Saab and not another knock off on the 360 platform, it will find buyers. I think some Saab buyers will appreciate the torque of the v8, after all, they like the torque of the turbo 4's.

· Registered
610 Posts
The reason people like turbo 4's, TORQUE. The STi produces 300lbs at 4500 rpm. That is more than a lot of V8s at twice the size. The SRT produces more than 250lbs from 2400 to 4400. Sorry guys, but TORQUE is what makes a turbo motor, whether it is high, low or throughout the range, depends on tuning, size, etc. The same can be said about big cubes and V8s.

I could see a Saab owner warming up to a V8 that runs on 87 octane and produces more than 300lbs in a fat curve, of course, I could be wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.