GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a week now, since my Camaro was stolen. I have already been researching new vehicles to replace it. At this point, I actually hope it's not recovered. It just wouldn't be the same. I realize the Saab 9-2x and the Camaro are very different cars. Maybe I'm just getting older. Maybe I'm still in a deep depression. I've found little information on the Saab. I've looked at all sorts of articles on the WRX sport wagon though.
I'm just looking for some opinions on this vehicle.
The only other vehicles I'm currently interested in are the Colorado Crew cab in ZQ8 form and the Avalanche. I'd love to get a GTO, but they're a bit more than I'd like to spend.
Anyway, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I would look at the 9-3 simply because I think it is an awesome car. Maybe a Vue Redline if you need to haul stuff.

·
Registered
44,286 Posts
if the 9-2X's performance is equal to that of the WRX... it will be a good addition.

If you want a larger car, but still have solid performance, look at the 9-5 wagons -- especially the Aero.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I heard that the 9-2 in WRX-attire (read: turbo) will flirt with $30K.

Why not just get a 9-3 at that price? $30K for what's basically a rebadged Subaru Impreza? You gotta be kidding me. They didn't even give the Saab its own interior for that several-grand premium.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told pricing will be similar to the WRX. Saab's website has MSRP ranging from $22,000 to $30,000. I test drove a 9-3 Aero, but I'm not looking to spend $36,000. According to what information I've been able to gather, the 9-2x will have more upscale interior materials. It's hard to tell, because I have found little information on it. That's part of the reason for this discussion.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Originally posted by BRMike@Apr 7 2004, 07:27 PM
I was told pricing will be similar to the WRX. Saab's website has MSRP ranging from $22,000 to $30,000.
If the $22K is the non-turbo, and the $30K is the turbo, then the pricing is not like WRX's. About $3K-4K higher, feature-for-feature, which has been projected all along.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Even though the 9-2x is a re-badge, and we all seem to hate that, I think that the 9-2 would be a great car. I really wanted one for a while when I first heard of them. I too would push for the 9-3 because in my opinion its one of the most beautiful cars out there, but if price is a factor, as in most cases, go for the 9-2. I just love Saabs for their stand-out factor. I like the idea that not everyone and their dogs have one. That’s what makes the 9-2 so great. Plus, you have an exciting and proven car that you can even carry stuff around in.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
You could get another camaro. Dealers still have new ones sitting on their lot for a pretty good price. Sorry 'bout the car though. Happy new car hunting. ;)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
If you like this car buy the Subaru WRX wagon. If that Saab version is actually 30 grand thats just a GM rebadge RIPOFF. For 30 grand you can get an EVO or Subi STI.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses.

I built a WRX wagon on line. It came to nearly $30,000. That doesn't include leather. I don't believe the WRX is available with leather. More importantly there is not a Subaru dealership in Baton Rouge. They've tried, but Subaru's just don't sell well here. I don't like the idea of having to drive over an hour to have anything done at the dealership. It doesn't really matter. I'm leaning more towards the CTS or Avalanche. Yes, two totally different vehicles, but I'm closing on my first house next Friday and a truck would be nice to have. My wife to be has a 2000 Grand Prix GTP coupe. so, I could have some fun with that.
Of course, I thought about another Camaro. No doubt an SS. I won't be getting anything until December/January. I have my yellow 2003 S10 ZQ8 to drive for now, but it's too small!

Anyway, all of this will heavily depend on what I get from my insurance company.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts