Custom CAI with K&N filter

Future Mods:
2" Leaf Spring Kit (Rear)
1.5" Wheel Spacers (Rear)
Black Chevy Center Caps for wheels
4.10 gears
Flomaster 40 Series 3" Catback Exhaust
Jet Performance Chip

I just got the new tires/wheels for my birthday in Dec. Total lift is about 5". My dad and I did all the work on it ourselves. It's nice to finally be able to look down on a minivan!

·
Registered
9 Posts
freebird4x4 said:
2003 S-10 CREWCAB 4X4
33" x 10.5" BFGoodrich All Terrains
15x7 US Wheel Series 84 Black Daytonas
2" Body Lift
Skidz Custom Cut-Out fender flares
Custom CAI with K&N filter

Future Mods:
2" Leaf Spring Kit (Rear)
1.5" Wheel Spacers (Rear)
Black Chevy Center Caps for wheels
4.10 gears
Flomaster 40 Series 3" Catback Exhaust
Jet Performance Chip

I just got the new tires/wheels for my birthday in Dec. Total lift is about 5". My dad and I did all the work on it ourselves. It's nice to finally be able to look down on a minivan!

Sexy ride, is it black or dark green?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice ride
I love the green
How bad is the gas milage in those tires???
Everyone slams cars,I grew up on lifted trucks.If the gas was cheaper I would get something like that....HAVE FUN

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the 3.42 gears that I still have, I am getting about 15 mpg with totally mixed driving. Everything from offroading hunting to highway miles, but mostly backroads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering when you put the 33's on your truck did you have to do anything to the body like cut the wheel wells and did a 2 inch body lift make a big difference???? i have a 03 s-10 crew cab that i am wanting to lift but dont want to spend the $1700 on doing it

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Looks great, I always thought Chevy should have produced the ZR2 pkg. on the crew cabs instead of the odd ZR5 pkg. You have about the closest thing to a crew cab ZR2 there is. Looks awesome, love the green.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks great, I always thought Chevy should have produced the ZR2 pkg. on the crew cabs instead of the odd ZR5 pkg. You have about the closest thing to a crew cab ZR2 there is. Looks awesome, love the green.
I agree. A crew cab ZR2 would have been great. I would have bought that over my Jimmy.

The truck looks bad @ss, nice work! :cool:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
With the 3.42 gears that I still have, I am getting about 15 mpg with totally mixed driving. Everything from offroading hunting to highway miles, but mostly backroads.
thats pretty good if you ask me. alot better than most think. and it might actually go up to when you regear, as you seem to do alot of city/off-highway driving.

you plan on re gearing? i am with mine once these tires wear out and i get my 34's

EDIT: nevermind, i looked at the pretty pictures without actually reading anything.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
woah!

I haven't been on here in a while... thanks for all the compliments!

CantCme53:
The flares were custom made and yes we did cut the fender wells. The 2" BL makes a noticeable difference in height, but didn't change the driving characteristics too much since the center of gravity didn't change as much as it would have if I would have done a suspension lift. With the fenders opened up and the BL, I was able to go from 30 x 9.5 tires to 33 x 10.5s. I have invested about $1500 in the upgrade (tires, wheels and all) which is less than half of the cost of a suspension lift alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi dude whats up i own a 95 s10 ext cab i got plans for it witch are simple and some are over the top, i want to do a 7'' lift, 2'' on the body and 5'' on the frame from trail master $1300 bucks i want to figure out the gearing on my truck i don't know if I am going custom axles or stay with the stock ones, wondering if i can get a manual transfer case for my truck, and with the custom touch's like bumpers side steps , pre runner tail gate and roof rack/light rack, the biggest thing i wondering is should i drop a cummings 4bt diesel motor in her.

anyways srry for rambling on. i just wanted to ask all of you guys for help like were can i get those fender flares i was wondering if the if the ZR2 fenders will fit on my truck? and were can i pick a gear set for my truck as this is going to be a daily driver

thanks

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
january 2, 2007

1 - 20 of 23 Posts