GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44,279 Posts
Baaaah!
I'm telling you... the 9-5 will be based on the Bonneville. :angry:

I just don't see why the 9-5 can't remain on its current platform. It's a solid platform.

Furthermore... Saab is considering a 9-6.... higher sport/luxury.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Zeta will be RWD or AWD. I would imagine the Saab AWD to work, not so much RWD. I don't think there has ever been a RWD Saab has there??

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
If SAAB is FWD, RWD or AWD it does not matter. What matters is the design say SAAB and is it a good car. As long as GM doesn't get into Badge engineering SAAB will be ok.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Really? I always thought it was RWD...What about the Sonnet I and II

(I thought the front overhang looked a bit long)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck@Mar 19 2004, 05:01 AM
As long as GM doesn't get into Badge engineering SAAB will be ok.
What about the 9-2X? It's an Impreza WRX with a new front.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by FunkyPig+Mar 31 2004, 11:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FunkyPig @ Mar 31 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Canuck@Mar 19 2004, 05:01 AM
As long as GM doesn't get into Badge engineering SAAB will be ok.
What about the 9-2X? It's an Impreza WRX with a new front. [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes:
Ouside of teh tail section, it looks very Saab.

And who cares if its RWD? I think RWD would be better for its "independance" not to mention that Zeta can hold HFV6's along with turbo models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck@Mar 19 2004, 05:01 AM
If SAAB is FWD, RWD or AWD it does not matter. What matters is the design say SAAB and is it a good car. As long as GM doesn't get into Badge engineering SAAB will be ok.
GM have already gone into badge engineering, look at the 9-2 concept

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Never has anything been produced with the Saab badge that was not a FWD car. The Sonnets were all just sporty bodyshells draped over garden-variety Saab 93's and 96's. Same FWD, same 3-cyl 2-stroke or Ford (of Germany) V-4 4-stroke motors. They had improved suspension and wider tires.

The "x" series Saabs will be AWD however, namely the 9-2x and 9-7x, and it would not surprise me if a 9-3x model came out soon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts