GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevy Malibu at EIB Southern Command

April 15, 2008

Now, ladies and gentlemen, just to show you that I participate, I told you last week General Motors is going to be bringing a car by here for us to drive, as they introduce new models. The first car they're going to be bringing by is the Malibu. I love General Motors. General Motors, Ford, the automaker industry in this country is one that we have been told to hate and one that we have been told to despise, they make worthless garbage and they try to sell it to us. This is what the left has tried to do in terms of creating attitudes about all American businesses. I love General Motors. I went up there last spring about a year ago, met with Bob Lutz, and I got a lowdown on some of the new things coming, he showed me what was coming with the Malibu. The Malibu is a four-cylinder car. We're going to be tooling around down here in a four-cylinder Chevy Malibu, North American Car of the Year, by the way, 30 miles to the gallon. We are going to be contributing our best, according to the premise of the left, by not polluting the planet any more than we should be.

Snerdley is gonna park his twin turbo 12-cylinder hog out there, and he's going to be driving the Malibu around. I'm going to take a turn in it, too. They've got a number of technological advances in the Malibu, variable valve timing basically helps the engine squeeze every mile out of a gallon of gas, which is important now with the price of gasoline what it is. You can learn all about the Chevy Malibu at www.GM.com/explore, or you can find it on my website, RushLimbaugh.com. We're excited. Should be delivered here this week. We'll be reporting to you on the four cylinder. I've driven a four-cylinder car before, when I lived in Sacramento. I kid you not. Yeah, I remember what it was. It was a Chrysler. Chrysler New Yorker, I think it was, four cylinder, that thing zoomed up the hill to Lake Tahoe, I had no problem with it whatsoever. It was economical, as is the Chevy Malibu. We're excited to get it.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hah...should be an interesting read/listen.

I like how he keeps repeating 4-cylinder over and over, like a new fangled or historical thing not seen in a while;)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
It's rather interesting, despite what Rush tries to imply here - Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller and Thom Hartman have all also been hawking the new Malibu. They all also point out the benefits of 'variable valve timing'. It's almost as if they are all reading from the same script. :eek:

I'm sure the real story here is that this is GM's latest attempt to get the word out to talk radio.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
GM has Bill O'Reilly on the Radio Factor Touting the same info about the Malibu.

All we need now is Paul Harvey to get the word out and the rest is history....

Paul sold a lot of Luminas..................

Ken

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Rush has a massive audience that includes the target demographics for the new Malibu. He knows nothing about cars, but neither does that cute redheaded chick from that doctor show that sells Cadillacs with her CTS commercial.

I am surprised that GM doesn't advertise all of it's cars on talk radio.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
People who listen to Rush are already much more likely to buy a car from GM. The serfs of nationalism are the people who are keeping GM alive now, so they should focus their sales effort on the coast, urban core, anf other trend setting areas.
Yeah, but what's stopping them from switching to a Ford or Toyota? Those are republican cars, too. They have to maintain their base.

What's strange is that when you go to Rush's website, the link takes you to the GM is green page.
Rush's listeners who happen to drive hybrids are driving them to try to limit the use of imported oil, they don't drive them to be green.

·
Registered
2020 Malibu Premier Cajun Red picked up 9/19/19 Every factory option. Great car. Not my first.
533 Posts
GM has Bill O'Reilly on the Radio Factor Touting the same info about the Malibu.

Ken
Is Paul Harvey still alive? :confused: Maybe he's involved with that flying Malibu in the TV commercials?;)

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
People who listen to Rush are already much more likely to buy a car from GM. The serfs of nationalism are the people who are keeping GM alive now, so they should focus their sales effort on the coast, urban core, anf other trend setting areas.
Well, maybe not. Rush has a weekly cume audience of 20 million. His east and west coast audience is huge. If his audience was more apt to by from the General, then GM would probably have a 35% or better market share.
Hannity is hawking this hard too. He is already talking up the Escalade Hybrid that he is ordering.

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
Is Paul Harvey still alive? :confused: Maybe he's involved with that flying Malibu in the TV commercials?;)
I used to like aul Harvey, Until I figured out what his ideology was, at which point I stopped listening to the station that used to feature him. He is no objective voice.. but pretends to be, I'd rather Rush who does not hide behind a cloak of objectivity

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
First my Tyra and now El Rushbo? Chevy is firing on all cylinders in the marketing game! The best part is, the Malibu is really a great car too!

Kudos Chevy, Kudos, GM!

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Well, maybe not. Rush has a weekly cume audience of 20 million. His east and west coast audience is huge. If his audience was more apt to by from the General, then GM would probably have a 35% or better market share.
Hannity is hawking this hard too. He is already talking up the Escalade Hybrid that he is ordering.

So let me get this straight.

Tyra.
Rush.
O'Reilly.
Hannity.

These powerful people who have millions of loyal fans, watchers, and listeners are all selling the new Malibu? That is a LOT of potential Bu buyers!

I would love to see Chevy take back the crown as best selling car in America like they did with the Classic 1977 Caprice & Impala line in '77-79.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts

Ken

I enjoy listening to Paul Harvey's newscasts.

The Luminas were okay. I liked the Euro models. The first generation was nice enough, but they really hit a home run on the styling of the 1995 to 2000 models.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
I can't figure out which one has the least credibility.
Let's see.
Tyra I don't know much about.
Rush is a hypocrite drug abuser.
O'Reilly is a hypocrite womanizer.
Hannity is a laughably predictable character who will tote the company line no matter what the facts are.

Well, I do not agree with drug use nor being a hypocrite, but the influence these people have is undeniable. It would be great if they could translate into more Malibu sales.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.