GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
You guys drive me crazy.......2014 is six years away, that seems like plenty of lead time to me to adapt the next gen Lambda into a vehicle that is capable of towing heavy loads. I imagine you will loose nothing over the current Suburban 1500, which is the most popular model.......for folks needing an HD 2500+, you will have the Silverado.

Always find it very funny on this board with all of the Monday Morning Quarterbacks. You beg GM to bring the Astra, then you kill GM and say the car can't compete......You beg for the Camaro with a raging V8 and cry about the V6 and possible V4, which by the way most people will buy.....You beg for the G8 but wonder why GM can't sell them.....Why? Because you are NOT the average car buyer. You like me are car buffs and thank God we are not in the business of making car line ups or GM would already be busted.

Folks, there is a reason why people plunk down their hard earned money on Camry's, Accords, Oddessy's, Caravan's, Civics, Corrollas, Impalas and Malibus in overwhelming numbers......it isn't about design and it isn't about horsepower....it is about value for the dollar....fact of the matter is in today's world GM needs more cars that give value for the dollar, and for the lion's share of customers who own SUVs, they haul people and groceries, drive on vacation, but very rarely have a need to tow or go off road......quite frankly, when I had my Suburban the last place I wanted to take my $45K vehicle too was to the woods and mud.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Ford, Ill take my Expedition EL in Black, and if its possible in King Ranch trim.

Thank You

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Good thing there are lots of old Suburbans still around. They'll be needed if they actually perform this vasectomy.

Having both a GMT-800 Suburban and a Lamdba Acadia in the family I can tell you that Lambda is not only too candy-assed to be a Suburban, but it's also WAY too small, even with "stretching".

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
NO!!!!!!!!!pretty soon the only GM platform will be Lambda if they keep putting all their vehicles on it.
So your saying they should build an all new platform for the minivans when they already have a perfectly competent platform for it? :doh:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Good thing there are lots of old Suburbans still around. They'll be needed if they actually perform this vasectomy.

Having both a GMT-800 Suburban and a Lamdba Acadia in the family I can tell you that Lambda is not only too candy-assed to be a Suburban, but it's also WAY too small, even with "stretching".
lamdba II will be out by then :yup:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
SUBURBAN TOOO!!!!!!!!! :bio::

Traverse, Acadia, Enclave, Enclave, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon too?

ANyone else really irritated?
Why get irritated?

Did you think GM's management got smart overnight?

Just another wrong direction decision by inept managers.

If the Grand Caravan moves to Lambda (good move) as well as a Chevy version (bad move) - should be a Buick since Buick Minivans sell in China and a Buick Minivan is a more logical place for "future" Chrysler Town and Country buyers; and at that point the Lambda platform will be very well utilized - probably "over-utilized".

The Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/Suburbans should stay on the Truck platform where they will increase volume/profit of the Truck line which will have increasing sales going forward along with housing'infrastructure programs and CAFE for trucks will lowered - just like in the past. Congress will not take trucks from Farmers, Contractors, Ranchers and Tradesman and future trucks will get better MPG than todays.

Anyone notice gas prices are under $2.00 a gallon in some places?

Anyone notice all of the talk about "infrastructure projects"?

Anyone notice Toyota Sequoia sales went up again last month?

Well we know noone on GM's board has.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
SUBURBAN TOOO!!!!!!!!! :bio::

Traverse, Acadia, Enclave, Enclave, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon too?

ANyone else really irritated?
I'm going to agree with you on this one. Moving Suburban from BOF would be stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Suburban needs to stay BOF. Especially if they kill Tahoe and Trailblazer (good idea). Suburban would pick up some of those sales.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
***** CAFE
Don't blame CAFE, GM wouldn't give up popular and profitable trucks just for few CAFE mpg.

GM got the peak oil spook when gas hit $4+ this past summer. Despite the current price drop as investors deleverage and economies slow once we find the bottom oil prices are going to explode again. Add to that the dollar is f**ked once the deleveraging and deflation stops, gas will be $6+ by Summer 2010

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
So....how much you want to bet Lambda II will be capable of transverse and longitudinal engine layouts. I'd put money on that.

The H1 had an IRS - don't see anyone complaining about that.

So, all they have to do is beef up the unibody, create an extended version and you could get a 10K tow rating. V8s will fit under the hood currently.

Unibody SUVs have lots of advantages. Far superior packaging for one. They just need to increase strength. 20 years ago, not possible, now - very possible.

Remember everyone, this is Lambda II they are talking about. So, comparisons to Lambda I are appropriate, but 2014 is a long way off and they can make this platform accept any drivetrain they want. From E-Flex to the small block RWD

41 - 60 of 176 Posts