GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMO, VERY NICE Lambda is a great platform, hope to buy my next grand caravan from GM ;)

Umm, Lambda Stow n'go would be nice to see it being devlopped

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
With these chevrolet transverse, it's HF V6 DI engine it can tow 5200 lbs and it's on these lambda platforum. I can tell you that there next suburban, tahoe and there escalade wouldn't be FWD, with these lambda platforum.
Lambda can be converted to RWD??

·
Registered
94 Posts
FINALLY!

More lambdas. its about time GM tried to spread around this underutilized platform instead of trying to dump yet another zeta, sigma or kappa on the market. screw the appliances. what gm needs is more enthusiast vehicles like the outlook.

maybe they finally do get it!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
FINALLY!

More lambdas. its about time GM tried to spread around this underutilized platform instead of trying to dump yet another zeta, sigma or kappa on the market. screw the appliances. what gm needs is more enthusiast vehicles like the outlook.

maybe they finally do get it!
Theres nothing wrong with using one platform for several vehicles instead of using multiple platforms... why not put the minivans and the SUV's on the Lambda if it works.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It's been announced that for the 2016 model year, the Corvette will be switched to the Lambda platform. As of 2014, the Corvette was the only GM vehicle not utilizing that platform, costing the company hundreds of dollars.

GM's new CEO Buickman announced the platform change while delivering cars under the new "All Cars Delivered by the CEO" program. Tomorrow he will be delivering new lambda's in Grants New Mexico. ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think GM needs to realize that just because a market is down in size doesn't mean they should totally neglect it.

They did this crap with small and midsize cars throughout the 90's, then they did it with the minivans between 2000-2005, now they're doing it with BOF vehicles just because the market is shrinking?

The market is volatile. GM needs to have competitive entries in every segment. Putting everything on Lambda is a terrible idea because, there are many of us who don't want to drive a huge FWD crossover. As soon as crossovers fall out of style, GM will once again be sitting on their thumbs with no BOF trucks.

It's okay though...the reduced profits from no trucks will be offset by the new G3.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
With these chevrolet transverse, it's HF V6 DI engine it can tow 5200 lbs and it's on these lambda platforum. I can tell you that there next suburban, tahoe and there escalade wouldn't be FWD, with these lambda platforum.
FWD has nothing to do with it. It's the frame that allows for the higher tow ratings.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
So if GM can get the Lambda platform to RWD/FWD/AWD and tow up to 8000 lbs this is a great move. It would save a lot of money compared to coming up with a whole new platform for the current GMT-900s.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I won't believe it until I read it from a factual source. It may make sense for the Suburban to move to the Lambda, but there is a need for a bofuv and they will not let that slide.

21 - 40 of 176 Posts