GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEARBORN — The last of 6.7 million Mustangs built at the famed Ford Rouge complex today will wind its way through one of the world’s last remaining multifloor assembly plants.

The Mustang, which helped spur America’s love affair with muscle cars, is getting a new design and plant later this year.

First produced at the Rouge in 1964, the Mustang has survived the 1970’s oil crisis, a death threat in the early 1980s and an onslaught of foreign rivals.

“It’s the end of an era — no question,” said Tim O’Brien, Ford’s vice president of corporate relations, who is leading a $2 billion restoration of the Rouge.

Most of the Dearborn assembly plant where the Mustang has been built will be torn down.

Ford may convert a portion of the plant into a conference and learning center, said William A. Kroczolowski, project architect for Arcadis, a Southfield architectural firm hired by Ford in 1998 to renovate the Rouge.

Full Story HERE

5,934 Posts
hmm, a very capable adversary.

:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking at the picture, I finally have an answer to my question.

How many people does it take to fix a Ford?

The voices inside my head told me to say it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.