GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just found out this new reviews of the 2009 compact sedans. The Cobalt SS just looking adorable. Big thumbs up for its Performances and priced right. But i always love the cute coupe tail lights with big wings.

Also, check out the videos from the site.

**above pictures if property Road and Track(another word, don't sue me.)

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
...the Cobalt SS posted test-best numbers in the skidpad and slalom — a superb 0.92g and 70.0 mph, respectively. And it didn't just win, it dominated the others.
Wow. Nice job GM!!!!

Ditch the chicken yellow paint job (never a good look for a sedan)........and we have a sleeper that eurohazard is SERIOUSLY considering when (if) my Camry dies. :yup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
It looks nice in white, blue, or black.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,308 Posts
How can it win anything?
According to TTAC it's one of the worst cars in the world.
GM must've paid off all of these rags. That's the only way it could keep winning these comparos.
Either that or they left out more worthier cars like the Civic, Corolla and Focus so it could win.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
How can it win anything?
GM must've paid off all of these rags. That's the only way it could keep winning these comparos.
Either that or they left out more worthier cars like the Civic, Corolla and Focus so it could win.
what does the tibetan terrier club of america have to do with cars?!

imo, chevy did a better job with the cobalt than they did with the corvette. the cobalt has a huge front weight bias, mc struts, fwd, and high center of gravity...how could it possibly out handle the corvette? that's egg on tadge's face.

the fiero took chevette front subframe and turned it into a mid engined car...and in 1988 it could keep up with the zr1 (with only 250 hp). it makes me wonder how much better a fiero would be with cobalt suspension vs the chevette/citation underpinnings?

·
Registered
187 Posts
How can it win anything?
Well the base model cobalt with the 4 speed automatic is a piece of crap, even if the SS is amazing.
The automatic transmission losing 3/5 mpg over a manual is inexcusable.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My little( I will always call him little)19 years old nephew drives a Cobalt 2 dr coupe with the wing. That thing will haul butt, drives great and rides really well in the front seat, don't know about the rear. He gets better than 30mpg and drives it back and forth to Ole Miss every weekend(230 miles), with zero problems of any kind. The Kid loves the car, he polishes it every weekend all weekend.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I closely examined the Cobalt SS before Chevrolet refreshed it and I thought it was very nice. Optioned up with Recardo seats and all the options it listed for the low $20K's and could be bought with a good discount. Since the refresh it is even better. I think it has a lot going for it and I am gradified that Road & Track agrees.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
"The WRX put up a phenomenal fight, and is a class act itself, but it just couldn't overcome the Chevy's performance advantages. Kim summed it up thus: "Dynamically, the Cobalt SS is the best — it completely shocked us."

:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Why does GM keep supplying the media with Yellow cars? Am I the only one that doesn't like yellow on a vehicle? Also, it doesn't do much for an older body style.
Really, if they'd put a red or black car in this comparo - there'd be a run on Chevy dealerships and then all the rebates would disappear. Thanks Chevy...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts