1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts
Accelerations and passing maneuvers are completed with undeniable smoothness thanks to a 6-speed automatic transmission with manual mode that sends power to the driving wheels (be it the rear ones, or all four when you select AWD).
FAIL.

I guess they'll let anyone write a review these days...

·
Registered
907 Posts
FAIL.

I just read that. Someone should really tell this person that the Enclave never was or will be RWD.

On top of that I am getting really tired of reviewers complaining for vehicles like this. It is efficient for what it is: A big crossover. If you want 30+mpg then get a Civic or an Aveo. Otherwise, stop your whining.

I would like to see a manufacturer or even a couple collaborating that could develop a concept vehicle that was the size of the Lamdas and got 30+ mpg. Then showed what it would cost to the public and government and ask who is willing to pay for it even if they sold 500K per year.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts

With a commanding size and 8-passenger capacity, the Enclave is a confident and versatile performer.

Looks like a R-class Mercedes from this view JMO.

So its a guzzler of gas??? Huh?

CobaltSS

·
Registered
958 Posts
FAIL.

These are just basic facts and it kills me. I have no connection to the auto industry and I know it's FWD or full time AWD.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Fuel consumption will be better in the 2009 version with the direct injection, so that should make this reviewer happy. There's no excuse not knowing it's FWD.

Thing is, there's no competition for the Enclave, really, so it's hard to get a review that compares it to anything, because it's in a class all it's own. Most, if not all the other luxury crossovers that are FWD are only 7 passenger max. Also, the cargo room, like mentioned, is not matched. The Enclave's only competition comes from it's own cousins, so that's kind of a good thing for GM.

There is no real thing that's bad on this vehicle. The rearward visibility is something you would get used to after driving a while, and the steering gripe is mainly because everyone testing vehicles wants them to perform like performance cars, which they aren't.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Manual mode? WTH! Thats a range shifter.

DAMN IT!

5,934 Posts
First thing I noticed was how he ranks mpg, ehhem, I mean Liters/kM. That's a European way of measuring fuel efficiency. The Europeans regulate by distance traveled, than gallons consumed. A subtle, yet sigificant difference.

My main concern is that he compares the Enclave (MSRP $32,000-$37,000) for rear cargo room with the Veracruz (MSRP $26,000-$34,000), Highlander (MRSP $27,000 - $34,000, hybrids excluded at $40,000) and CX-9 ($29,000-$35,000). Seems, price wise, the Enclave should be compared with the RX330, MDX and MB M-Class.

An he knocked the faux wood accents. I guess he had to find something. That's faux wood as opposed to faux brushed aluminum that's available on other models.

Overall a pretty objective review. It's tough, outside of HP and torque figures, to be objective when reviewing cars. You either like it, or don't.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Anybody here at GMI own a Lambda?

I am looking at the Outlook and Acadia....thinking of dumping the wifes Suburban.....what is the real world MPG for the Lambdas? I am seeing numbers everywhere from 12 MPG to 26 MPG.

I would be happy with a mixed run of 18-20 MPG over the 14 MPG I get in the Burb.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
On top of that I am getting really tired of reviewers complaining for vehicles like this. It is efficient for what it is: A big crossover. If you want 30+mpg then get a Civic or an Aveo. Otherwise, stop your whining.
If a review of a compact car listed its good gas mileage as a plus, would you be criticizing them with a "Well, no crap!"?

It's fair to point out poor gas mileage in large vehicles in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts

With a commanding size and 8-passenger capacity, the Enclave is a confident and versatile performer.

Looks like a R-class Mercedes from this view JMO.

So its a guzzler of gas??? Huh?

CobaltSS

I am still trying to figure out the fuel consumption with the GM 3.6. We have a new Redline Vue with the same 6 speed auto and the 3.6 as the Enclave (albeit a slightly different gear ratio and tire size), and I am mildy dissapionted with fuel consumption. I am doing mostly highway driving, and I am a VERY mild driver, and I am usually around the 20-21mpg mark AT BEST when I fill up (doing the calculations myself). The reason this is puzzling me is when I drove my previous GM cars the same way I am driving the Vue, I got much better results. With our old HHR, I would get up to 33mpg average mostly highway. My 2002 Cavalier would get up to 35mpg on mostly highway trips (of course, keepign it near 65 mph).

In those vehicles, I was able to meet or slightly exceed the OLD epa numbers, yet in the Vue, driving roughly the same routes at the same speed over a tank of gas, I'm about 10%-15% below where I figured I'd be.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Anybody here at GMI own a Lambda?

I am looking at the Outlook and Acadia....thinking of dumping the wifes Suburban.....what is the real world MPG for the Lambdas? I am seeing numbers everywhere from 12 MPG to 26 MPG.

I would be happy with a mixed run of 18-20 MPG over the 14 MPG I get in the Burb.
I owned a '02 Tahoe and got 13.8-14.3 mpgs in my around town driving - never better than 17 on teh highway.

Ive been a bit disappointed with the MPGs in the Clave so far, but I am starting to better understand how to run it for better economy.

Ive gotten 14-15 around town. A real 1 mpg difference. Early on I got 19 on complete highway driving, I would think I could get 20 now that its broken in - I wouldnt expect more.

What Ive found is that the Clave will move with lightly pressing on the pedal - If you even half way jam the pedal you will get 15mpg. On the current tank the DIC shows 17mpg. When I fill up I am pretty sure I will hit 16mpg easily around town. That is the kind of # I was expecting. However it does require being patient with the pedal and not running it medium or hard.

I am not driving like a slow poke, I am just not accelerating fast.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I am still trying to figure out the fuel consumption with the GM 3.6. We have a new Redline Vue with the same 6 speed auto and the 3.6 as the Enclave (albeit a slightly different gear ratio and tire size), and I am mildy dissapionted with fuel consumption. I am doing mostly highway driving, and I am a VERY mild driver, and I am usually around the 20-21mpg mark AT BEST when I fill up (doing the calculations myself). The reason this is puzzling me is when I drove my previous GM cars the same way I am driving the Vue, I got much better results. With our old HHR, I would get up to 33mpg average mostly highway. My 2002 Cavalier would get up to 35mpg on mostly highway trips (of course, keepign it near 65 mph).

In those vehicles, I was able to meet or slightly exceed the OLD epa numbers, yet in the Vue, driving roughly the same routes at the same speed over a tank of gas, I'm about 10%-15% below where I figured I'd be.
I can't help you too much, but my Vue (a 2006 with the 235hp Honda mill) gets the exact same 20-21mpg in real world driving; mostly highway.
My theory is the difference in actually efficiency of most engines is very minimal and mpg is mostly determined by mass, wind resistance, and gearing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts