GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44,831 Posts
Looks like lots of aggressive investors at this site. All my investments are are US Treasury bills, boring, but quite safe.
Not really.
My eTrade, Schwab accounts are tied to my company RSU and ESPP. Fidelity is where my 401K is. Morgan Stanley is where I do most of my trading. And I have a credit union where I have my CDs and a high interest savings account. Those are pretty boring, but no losses, just slow growth and "safe."

I do need to diversify though. I've sustained pretty heavy losses, as my portfolio is heavy on tech, but that's because of my company stock options. But my new company prices their RSUs based on the average of 30 days. So, the lower my company's stock goes, the better price I get. So... rooting for it to stay low, in the short term. Hehe...

·
Registered
44,831 Posts
Of course timing everything. At my urging, my mother bought heavy into Apple when it was trading around $9 a share in 1997.
Oh how funny. I did the exact same thing!! LOL...
I did it mainly as a favor for my buddy who was just starting at Morgan Stanley and needed clients.
I bought a few hundred shares back then. And I never sold any!! Muuuahahahah... lol

I also keep a few CDs with my credit union, and keep around 5% in gold coins because you never know when or if the entire system will go south.
I don't have any gold. But I think my mom does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts