GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Honestly, until there's product on lots, nobody is leading over the others. Ford has great marketing of their products, GM and Tesla have the most experience and best technologies. So no telling which is really farther along. And nobody knows which is going to be better until we actually get the product to customers to evaluate. It's all vaporware, until it's not.

Reactions: richmond2000

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
Honestly, until there's product on lots, nobody is leading over the others. Ford has great marketing of their products, GM and Tesla have the most experience and best technologies. So no telling which is really farther along. And nobody knows which is going to be better until we actually get the product to customers to evaluate. It's all vaporware, until it's not.
The Hummer EV and F150 EV sure seem closer than the Silverado.

Even m-buck-can-you agrees!

At this point, Its safe to say the F150 EV will be on dealer lots before Silverado

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was really hoping Rivian would succeed. I always like to see an import fighter.

·
Premium Member
34,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was really hoping Rivian would succeed. I always like to see an import fighter.
They will succeed, but they are about a decade and a half away in the woods right now, remember, Tesla is almost two decades old and is just getting stable.
people like Lucid and Karma are in real trouble

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
They will succeed, but they are about a decade and a half away in the woods right now, remember, Tesla is almost two decades old and is just getting stable.
people like Lucid and Karma are in real trouble
What intel do you have, I was just talking to a co-worker last week, he shared with me that Lucid is actually ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
44,258 Posts
I know what Karmas are, they're the old Fiskers, but what are Lucids going to be like?
The Lucid Air is a direct competitor to the EQS.
Whether or not that's going to be the case, remains to be seen.
Still a lot of unanswered questions. And they announced a small production delay recently as well.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
What intel do you have, I was just talking to a co-worker last week, he shared with me that Lucid is actually ahead of schedule.
Lucid originally communicated a Late 2020 production date, then Q2 2021, both which have passed. Hardly ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
44,258 Posts
Well, Lucid is definitely not "ahead of schedule."
They are behind their initial scheduled release date.

Last I heard they're already in pre-production. So, it's jus a matter of time. The latest delay for Lucid is due to the pandemic's impact on testing activities, supply chain, and ramping staff for sales and service. I can believe that they are having hiring difficulties. Everyone is. Supply chain has been an issue now for almost a year.

But this is only the 2nd delay for Lucid, as it was scheduled to launch mid-pandemic last year. And the production quality problems stems from supplier issues, which would have been fixed earlier by visiting the supplier, but that can't be done now.

If you ask me, better to launch when the product is built correctly, rather than to recall and lose potential goodwill. It's even more pressing now for Lucid, as it's vying specifically for the luxury market. There's a different level of expectation to be met.

·
Premium Member
34,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Well, it seems Lucid and Rivian will be met head on by the Traditional automakers and killed. Lucid is not a player in any field by any measure and not a direct player against anyone or anything. It’s not on sale. We shall see when it comes to market.

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
Lucid originally communicated a Late 2020 production date, then Q2 2021, both which have passed. Hardly ahead of schedule.
Well, Lucid is definitely not "ahead of schedule."
They are behind their initial scheduled release date.

Okay, Okay, Okay, lets take a step back; allow me to clarify.

This is not a company or program I have followed, so I don't know what the original or even recent rollout plan was/is, but from the perspective of one of engineers, that is intricately involved in, the development, design, testing and production of our parts that go on the Lucid; they are ahead of schedule.

Lucid, may have thought we could go from "purchase order to "full component production" in 3 months, so a time-line like that is ignored by someone that knows. One thing he did mention, was "These EV Start-ups (Lucid, Rivian, Lordstown) don't have established; component or testing criteria, we have to create their test, so we can test our parts!" And yes we could "cheat" they would be none the wise, but then the part fails.......... and it's on us.

Reactions: tripowergto Jan2003

·
Registered
44,258 Posts
Well, it seems Lucid and Rivian will be met head on by the Traditional automakers and killed. Lucid is not a player in any field by any measure and not a direct player against anyone or anything. It’s not on sale. We shall see when it comes to market.
Lucid Air will have 1 competitor when it comes to market — EQS.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts