GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After it initially announced a production delay earlier this year, Rivian was due to start delivering its R1T pickup this month. Well, it seems that's not happening anymore. According to a letter to customers from Rivian's chief executive officer, a pandemic-related delay means initial deliveries of the R1T are now due to begin in September.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Why did you add the "vapor ware" comment in your title? There's no mention of any serious problems in the article that you linked to. It's simply a two months slip. That doesn't sound like vapor ware to me. It's more real than anything from Tesla, Ford, and GM. You claim that the Hummer is the best EV truck in the world, but it's more "vapor ware" than ALL of the others. Your logic is serious flawed.

·
Registered
44,169 Posts
Meh.
Uncalled for instigation with the "Vapor ware" headline.

A double-delay for the truck is concerning. But the pandemic has affected all automakers. So, I don't think this is concern.
Furthermore, Rivian's commercial vans are being delivered and can be seen on the roads right now.

It's certainly not too hard to imagine focusing on delivering the commercial vans over a consumer pickup truck.

·
Registered
20,683 Posts
Title writers usually do a bad enough job of distorting the information in a story, they certainly don't need your help.

If you want to make a follow-up post and slam them, have at it, that is your opinion and right.

·
Registered
20,683 Posts
You were all so tickled.

GMC looks like it’s on its way to the rescue
Lemme check, see if I have an extra $120,000 laying around......................

Yup, but not for that thing.........

Reactions: mgescuro

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,660 Posts
So it's delayed... until September... then what? Hopefully not again and keep pushing deliveries back.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
So it's delayed... until September... then what? Hopefully not again and keep pushing deliveries back.
They shouldn't have to push again....at least they better not have to push again. I'm hoping that they succeed, both the R1T and S look like promising products.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
With the Rivian production delayed until September, the GMC Hummer is also supposed to arrive in Sept and Lordstown claims the same. Where's the Cyborgtruck? The EV truck race is about to get VERY interesting!!

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With the Rivian production delayed until September, the GMC Hummer is also supposed to arrive in Sept and Lordstown claims the same. Where's the Cyborgtruck? The EV truck race is about to get VERY interesting!!
GMC could miss the deadline, but if they do not, well, I guess we will see a head to head, however, it will be like comparing a Tesla Model S to a Tesla Model Y due to disparity in pricepoints.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
One of my coworkers put a deposit down on the Rivian. He hadn't heard anything from them as of last Wednesday. He said he might also put a deposit down on the Ford Lightning just to see which he likes better since it's only $100. I'll ask him next week if he got anything recently from Rivian.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One of my coworkers put a deposit down on the Rivian. He hadn't heard anything from them as of last Wednesday. He said he might also put a deposit down on the Ford Lightning just to see which he likes better since it's only $100. I'll ask him next week if he got anything recently from Rivian.
I would say, the Ford or the Silverado if he is willing to wait a little longer is a better long term deal, given, its going to be cheaper and the retailer networker and after sales support is going to be stable for the long run.
Not that Rivian is going away or anything like that, Ford might come to their rescue, however, you never know.

·
Registered
20,683 Posts
I would say, the Ford or the Silverado if he is willing to wait a little longer is a better long term deal, given, its going to be cheaper and the retailer networker and after sales support is going to be stable for the long run.
Not that Rivian is going away or anything like that, Ford might come to their rescue, however, you never know.
The Silverado EV is amazing, I can't believe the features, capabilities and all at that price!?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts