GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shares in Rivian have doubled in a week and the EV company is now worth more than Volkswagen.
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS
November 16, 2021 11:43 AM 22 MINUTES AGO

A searing five-day rally in the shares of Rivian Automotive Inc. has led the electric-vehicle startup to more than double in value since last-week’s trading debut, with its market capitalization now surpassing Volkswagen Group.

The stock jumped as much as 14 percent to $169.70 in New York on Tuesday, up 118 percent from the initial public offering price of $78. That brought the company’s market valuation to about $150 billion, making Rivian the largest U.S. company with zero revenue.

Rivian, which is backed by Amazon and Ford, overtook Volkswagen’s market capitalization of $138.9 billion, as investors eager to get into the EV sector now have another stock to invest in, apart from industry trailblazer Tesla Inc.

VW is Europe’s largest automaker with about 10 million vehicle deliveries per year, making it the global number two behind Toyota Motor Corp. Volkswagen generates about 250 billion euros ($300 billion) in revenue annually and targets around 15 billion euros in automotive clean net cash flow this year. The German industrial giant’s stable of brands includes luxury carmakers Porsche, Audi and Lamborghini as well Scania heavy trucks and Ducati motorbikes.

Meanwhile, Rivian, which is developing an electric pickup truck -- R1T and an electric SUV -- R1S, has started delivering some trucks in September, mostly to its own employees. However, it also estimates that annual production will hit 150,000 vehicles at its main facility by late 2023.

he rally since the IPO also makes Rivian’s debut week the year’s best, just ahead of Affirm Holdings Inc., which gained 117 percent during its first five sessions. This data excludes IPOs that raised less than $1 billion.

EV stocks of all stripes and colors have seen heightened interest from retail investors in recent weeks, with Rivian, Lucid and Tesla topping Fidelity’s retail trading platform’s list of most bought assets on Tuesday.

At one point during Tuesday’s trading, Rivian was worth more than almost 90 percent of S&P 500 companies, including stocks like Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Boeing Co., Citigroup Inc., Starbucks Corp. and Caterpillar Inc.

LINK

Wall Street has gone mad they have not really made anything yet and worth more than Boeing that is crazy, somebody is going burned holding these share, when all the mainstream carmakers start delivering here EV's in the near future.

Did anybody buy Rivian shares on here?

·
Registered
21,318 Posts
Did anybody buy Rivian shares on here?
I bought 19 shares at the open ($106.75) and then 21 more shares at $100.

I should have bought a lot more; man! Crazy broke $170.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,392 Posts
I picked up a small amount around $129. It's nuts that it's over 170, I'll sell it when it dips 10%. Just for trading, way way too risky for me. The front end is almost as ugly as recent BMWs!

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,298 Posts
I picked up a small amount around $129. It's nuts that it's over 170, I'll sell it when it dips 10%. Just for trading, way way too risky for me. The front end is almost as ugly as recent BMWs!
These are not gonna be for the fainted hearted.
A yo yo goes up n down less!!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
These are not gonna be for the fainted hearted.
A yo yo goes up n down less!!
I sold my few shares this morning, made a couple of bucks. I don't have the stomach for it!

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
I sold my few shares this morning, made a couple of bucks. I don't have the stomach for it!
I sure wouldn't put money on 'em that would hurt if it didn't do so well.
I'm buying more tomorrow.

·
Registered
21,318 Posts
A line I always say to one of my buddies "Guess right twice".

As I stated in the other thread; updated pricing, below:

I felt this coming, sold pre-market at $162.00 - I didn't get rich gambling, I'm certainly not going to get poor gambling.......

RIVN
  • Bid: 140.30
  • Ask: 140.41
  • Last: 140.41
  • Chg ($): -31.60
  • Vol: 71.76M
Additionally, 10 shares I bought is in my daughter's college fund, I haven't sold that, and will try to ignore it, that account I don't look at daily, see what happens in ~8 years?

Reactions: dannyg

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
A line I always say to one of my buddies "Guess right twice".

As I stated in the other thread; updated pricing, below:

Additionally, 10 shares I bought is in my daughter's college fund, I haven't sold that, and will try to ignore it, that account I don't look at daily, see what happens in ~8 years?
That time horizon looks about right, I wish I had bought TSLA eight years ago! If you got say six risky stocks for the college fund, even if only one or two work out you’re all set. I do a tiny amount of “trading”, most $$ is in boring stuff like GM!

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
I was gonna buy more today but it wasn't going going so great so I'm sitting on the cash.
So I'll wait a little bit. I'm letting it ride otherwise.

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Back on the rollercoaster this morning.

·
Registered
21,318 Posts
As soon as they’re able, Ford should cash out and ditch Rivian before the stock gets too bad….
You 'know' which way this stock is going? 😳

1 - 16 of 16 Posts