GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say, that Aveo you're chopping is too high up!

Here's how to lower it!

(Please note that many people use different methods in order to achieve the same goals. This is one way how to do it. Others may differ.

Using the polygon lasso, select everything below the wheel wells like so:

Once selected, Copy (Ctrl-C) and Paste (Ctrl-V) that section. It will make a new layer, which will be just wheels (and ground, if you pic has a background).

Then use the move tool (the little arrow), and move the wheels up into the wheel well, don't worry that it isn't pretty at this point.

Using the zoom tool, zoom in so you are up close to the wheel.

Using the eraser, remove all the excess blackness around the wheel, revealing the proper wheel well below.

Repeat for the other wheel. You might also have to trim some excess from the bottom of the car itself. It depends on the original pic you use.

Then, using the smudge tool, stretch the blackness of the wheel wells.

Do the front and the back, and VOILA! You're done.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I really need to brush up my skills in Photoshop. I haven't really used it in a long time. I used to be pretty good at making signatures, I should make one for myself for this site but I don't know what to incorporate into it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: Rex's Tutorial #2: Car Lowering

Rex Raider said:
Say, that Aveo you're chopping is too high up!

Here's how to lower it!

(Please note that many people use different methods in order to achieve the same goals. This is one way how to do it. Others may differ.

Using the polygon lasso, select everything below the wheel wells like so:

Once selected, Copy (Ctrl-C) and Paste (Ctrl-V) that section. It will make a new layer, which will be just wheels (and ground, if you pic has a background).

Then use the move tool (the little arrow), and move the wheels up into the wheel well, don't worry that it isn't pretty at this point.

Using the zoom tool, zoom in so you are up close to the wheel.

Using the eraser, remove all the excess blackness around the wheel, revealing the proper wheel well below.

Repeat for the other wheel. You might also have to trim some excess from the bottom of the car itself. It depends on the original pic you use.

Then, using the smudge tool, stretch the blackness of the wheel wells.

Do the front and the back, and VOILA! You're done.

Why aren't the pics there?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because this thread is 8 months old, and we can't keep everything here waiting for you to notice.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Rex Raider said:
Because this thread is 8 months old, and we can't keep everything here waiting for you to notice.

Is there any way I can see them? I kust downloaded a photo editor that is pretty much like p.h.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yes. Easy way:

Get a DeLorean.
Hit 88 miles per hour (make sure the flux capacitor is functioning)

Go back in time to 8 months ago.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Rex Raider said:
Yes. Easy way:

Get a DeLorean.
Hit 88 miles per hour (make sure the flux capacitor is functioning)

Go back in time to 8 months ago.

Hahaha

·
Registered
411 Posts

Great tutorial, Until now I would have lowered each wheel separately, but you've saved me precious time! Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts