GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
"Hey ChevroletRevived (er, Rex), it's a design contest. You can't just change the front end around a bit, take the side marker off and alter the roofline a little" ;) Just joking.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changed the front a lot.
Changed the rear door a lot.
Changed the tailend/hatch.
Changed the wheels.
Changed the front side windows.
Plus a bunch of other small changes, only noticeable if you put one over the other.

The pink letters are to bring a little femininity to the car, which I think would be marketed to women.
Yes, obviuosly by the posted original, that it was a Peugeot.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Oh my gosh no. That is one absolutely hideous piece. I guess selling Toyota's has gotten to you. Nice chopping skills though. Looks real.

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
its alright, but i'd like to see some design cues from the original chevette incorporated more. Despite the changes you made, at first glance it screamed peugeot to me. having said that, it is an agressive design, and i generally like it.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
yeah I think you can do alot better than this,
for a start its real clear what you started with, imagine if chevy really did build this car, people would say its just like how the ***aness drive a car into their HQ and say "right, we are going to copy this"...
if you put the put the two pix one on top of the other I can't see how "alot" of work has gone in it, and I think thats the problem.

I just think you need to put more design thought into it, would be cool if you made an improvement on the car you started with: after all that maybe a car it would be going against in the market

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I agree alot w/what FBody says above.

But as the chop looks now. The chevy badge on the front looks off center.
I would have put it in the middle(& centered) of the metal/plastic piece between the headlights.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No. You Butchered my second-favorite car, Rex.

It looks like a bad rendition of a Suzuki SX4.

But, I have to say, it is a Quality Chop.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts