GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I, on the other hand, really like the front! It's the back that I think needs some work. Perhaps you could throw together a rear 3/4 view? It might show the detail work that is lacking from this angle. Right now it just looks like an early 90's Camaro tail has been slapped on.

Also, you might be able to turn out a Monte Carlo based on this platform. It looks big enough.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Nice rex. I see a lot of 2nd and third gen in this. Id like to see the rear end off the Banshee on this car. I liked the round-ness of it. I dont like the headlighs. Looks like a bugs eye. Id like to see strong fender flares instead of just bulges.

And rex, may I ask...where the hell did you get that background from?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Somehow, it's just not as cool as I thought it'd be. Where did the curves go? It lost that sexiness it had as a banshee. . . I think it would look better with a more "1st gen" type grill treatment. I'm not saying a big wide rectangular opening with flip up headlights, but maybe more of a horizontal look to the opening and round(er) headlights. I know Chevy is supposedly going with the crossbar on everything, but I, for one, would much rather just have a big-*** bow tie in the middle of a big-*** grill anyday. . . :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think it would look much better if the bar through the grille was chromed, instead of a bowtie there was the camaro symbol sorta stretched vertically to go from the top to the bottom of the grille, and get rid of the second section of the headlights under the bar. Also if this is supposed to be an SS you might want to consider putting an SS badge smack in the centre of the grille and getting rid of the crossbar. I think that would help smooth out the lines of the car and make it much more attractive. And the rear end, looks a bit out of place with the rest of the car, kinda edgy where the rest of the car is smooth. It looks good rex, just needs a bit more refinement

·
Registered
248 Posts
I like everything but the hatch. Sorry, but I prefer just a regular trunk.

Other than that it's a good car.

::EDIT::

And I do like that it's got cowl induction over the scoop that the 4th gen used. Gives it more of a uniquely Chevy spin.

::END EDIT::

·
Registered
819 Posts
I love that design. I can see styling cues from first generations in the back and third and fourth gen. cues in the front. That is perfect. You should do a view from the back.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I love that design. I can see styling cues from first generations in the back and third and fourth gen. cues in the front. That is perfect. You should do a view from the back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i don't know rex...good work on the chop, but i don't care for the design at all. it seems to big and bloated like the last camaro was, and that was a big part of it's problem IMO. i would prefer a more upright proper coupe with tighter proportions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Get rid of the lower part of the headlights, and make the grill a little smaller. Get a new rear end completely. Nice work though, You're so good at doing these!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts