GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Ya the IS-F is an amazing car... bla bla bla...

What is really amazing is how Lexus SELLS cars...

When was the last time any of us got invited to a GM event like that???
My family have been buying new GM cars since the early 60's... And the number of times that GM has invited me to a closed track... Zero. Zilch, Nada...

(after Rick killed Olds) my parents (against my pleadings) switched teams... and bought an ES350... They buy one car and guess what... They get invited to a closed course intro of the IS250/350... They give me the ticket...

And that thread is pretty much what I got... Free breakfast, free lunch, closed course and a bunch of brand new cars that they WANT you to drive hard and abuse... and if your are nervous about putting a brand new car sideways.. They have professional drivers who are happy to show you just how fast the car will go.

GM could learn a thing or two about selling cars...

Oh and when my sister was looking for a replacement for her Olds Intrigue... What did she buy? IS250 AWD...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I don't think thrashing a car would convince me to buy it. I just buy what i find is useful to me. U don't have to show me a Sierra pulling a donkey out of a ditch to convince me to buy it. I just like the way it looks inside and out and its useful.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Ya the IS-F is an amazing car... bla bla bla...

What is really amazing is how Lexus SELLS cars...

When was the last time any of us got invited to a GM event like that???
My family have been buying new GM cars since the early 60's... And the number of times that GM has invited me to a closed track... Zero. Zilch, Nada...

(after Rick killed Olds) my parents (against my pleadings) switched teams... and bought an ES350... They buy one car and guess what... They get invited to a closed course intro of the IS250/350... They give me the ticket...

And that thread is pretty much what I got... Free breakfast, free lunch, closed course and a bunch of brand new cars that they WANT you to drive hard and abuse... and if your are nervous about putting a brand new car sideways.. They have professional drivers who are happy to show you just how fast the car will go.

GM could learn a thing or two about selling cars...

Oh and when my sister was looking for a replacement for her Olds Intrigue... What did she buy? IS250 AWD...
I totally agree with you! Besides, lets be honest, the IS is not a bad choice afterall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts