Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am guessing CT8 will be The Arrival.

Reactions: johnstarnes

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
What exactly would an ELR "successor" be? A plug-in hybrid/Voltec coupe? What else is it? Style-driven?

Doesn't Cadillac believe design is one of its key differentiators from the Germans? Wouldn't that mean ALL Cadillacs would be "driven by design" or..?

If I were Cadillac, I would spice up the ATS and offer electric iterations of each of my vehicles.

No mention of a CT7, mention of CT8 and/or CT9...

Also: 2017=compact crossover, D2xx

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
M
What exactly would an ELR "successor" be? A plug-in hybrid/Voltec coupe? What else is it? Style-driven?

Doesn't Cadillac believe design is one of its key differentiators from the Germans? Wouldn't that mean ALL Cadillacs would be "driven by design" or..?

If I were Cadillac, I would spice up the ATS and offer electric iterations of each of my vehicles.

No mention of a CT7, mention of CT8 and/or CT9...

Also: 2017=compact crossover, D2xx

Someone quoted Mark Ruess (at the investors meeting I think) saying the Elmiraj is a go for production. That is likely the CT7.

Maybe the CT8 is the LWB version of the CT6 with substantially different styling to make it appear to be a totally different model.

By wedging the Elmiraj CT7 between CT6/8 might mean they are able to get more of a premium for the CT8 even though it has a lot of commonality With the CT6.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Product blitz by 2020, when it is needed NOW!
You don't blow your wad by putting everything new the showroom at one time, even if that was possible which it's not. The common sense approach is to introduce a new model or variant every 6-9 months to keep people's interest in Cadillac up, and to make sure there is a steady stream of potential customers visiting the showroom.

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
What exactly would an ELR "successor" be? A plug-in hybrid/Voltec coupe?
ELR successor will be renamed and rebodied and will actually have an ad campaign instead of a Johnny One-Note, good as it was.

"Successor" will do all it can to erase "ELR" from the memory banks of anyone within 20 miles of a Caddy dealership.

Tall wagon, as it should have been from the beginning. What are they thinking at Cardiac?

EVERYONE is selling utes.

So, hey guys, let's build a cramped coupe and overcharge the bejeezus out of it and see who salutes!!

Product blitz by 2020, when it is needed NOW!
So I gather you do not live on announcements alone? You are obviously no GM Fanboizz!! :fall:

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,624 Posts
What I find promising here is that GM is really letting Cadillac chart it's own course, and almost be a quasi-independent car company. :)

Just an educated guess for the models and their market segment competitors.
CT7 - S Class
CT8 - Bentley / Rolls Royce
CT9 - Audi R8

I'm still hoping that one of these CT models will be a production version of the Elmiraj. Could be the CT5 that is already trademarked.

I can also see that when Cadillac moves past the current Alpha and Omega platforms, Buick and Chevrolet just may benefit and gain models based off of them. By that time, the investment in those architectures will be paid for, and should be relatively inexpensive to produce. Planning for this scenario may have already begun.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
You don't blow your wad by putting everything new the showroom at one time, even if that was possible which it's not. The common sense approach is to introduce a new model or variant every 6-9 months to keep people's interest in Cadillac up, and to make sure there is a steady stream of potential customers visiting the showroom.

To use your term, didn't Cadillac just blow its wad?

Escalade, ELR, CTS, ATS, XTS............. SRX is the only car older than 28 months in the line and its getting anew in the next nine.

So how is it, a company (or brand) that has completely refreshed and expanded its line over 36 months, feel the need to act like its been doing nothing, and "today" we start!

I don't think "Blitz" is an applicable term for something that is going to occur over the next 72 months..................

I'm sure the bean-counters are wearing their pencils dull on all this, time will tell.

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,624 Posts
So suppliers suggest the sub-ATS sedan will likely be FWD and based off the Cruze architecture? Strange as we had heard all Caddy sedans would be RWD.
I hope not. Could just be speculation, or the supplier that just doesn't have all of the information yet.
The sources, who asked not to be named, said the small sedan is tentatively scheduled for production in 2018 and could share underpinnings with the redesigned Chevrolet Cruze.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
ELR successor will be renamed and rebodied and will actually have an ad campaign instead of a Johnny One-Note, good as it was.

"Successor" will do all it can to erase "ELR" from the memory banks of anyone within 20 miles of a Caddy dealership.

Tall wagon, as it should have been from the beginning. What are they thinking at Cardiac?

EVERYONE is selling utes.

So, hey guys, let's build a cramped coupe and overcharge the bejeezus out of it and see who salutes!!

So I gather you do not live on announcements alone? You are obviously no GM Fanboizz!! :fall:
Show-Me wants results, not just more talking about how great they will be sometime in the future.
and by skipping EP II and moving on to alpha, they could be far ahead of where they are now.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts