GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,876 Posts
To reverse the sales slide and attract younger buyers, Cadillac has launched three striking new models in the last 18 months: The CTS, SRX and XLR. There has also been the CTS-V higher-performance sedan and a new Canadian-built, V-6 engine for the CTS, as well.

from what i've seen, all that's attracting the younger crowd is the CTS (V included) and the Escalade. the SRX and especially the XLR has been older people. maybe that will change, but at 75k+ for an XLR, i don't think it will. i don't think younger people are ready to put that kind of jack down on a Cadillac quite yet.

And to answer the question
Really, is there anyone left in the world who doubts that Cadillac is back?
yes, there is. ME. they're on the way, but this time the hill is harder to climb, and they're not at the top yet.

· Registered
2,876 Posts
Remind me again why you joined a GM carsite? Because it seems alot of your responses to post are negative about GM product. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but just about everything you respond to is negative.
sir, i have said this before, and i'll say it again. i don't HATE GM products, i just realize that they aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread. an objective opinion doesn't mean that i hate the General. example: Hummer is the best thing GM's done in decades, and i have yet to see a Hummer product that i said sucks. i didn't even say in this thread that Cadillac sucks, i merely said that they're not at the top of the heap yet. is their entire product portfolio better than, say, Lincoln. yes. Lincoln only has the Nav as their strong suit, everything else is dated and they need help soon. is Cad better than Lexus? not a chance. that's what i mean. there is a long way to go before Cadillac is considered the "world standard" as they once were. they have a good thing going right now, but before they overtake all of the other luxury marques, they've got a lot of renaissance left. i do not see GM through rose colored glasses, i see it from a reality standpoint. don't confuse that as hatred for them, see it as good constructive criticism. :plasma:

· Registered
2,876 Posts
when I say it could be worse. look at what is happening to BMW. A companay that had the world in the palm of it's hands investing too much into it's stylists. mabye more people will warm up to the asymetric styles and "flame surfacing" designs. the I-drive is lambasted universally yet many new models are recieving a version of it.

This companay made it's mark by providing "the ultimate driving machine" everyday performance cars. the larger and luxury product got a boost in the go-go 80's but still the 3 series an affordable sporty car was the bread and butter. the 3 has lost it's way by getting more expensive, bigger and heavier.
BMW is still the ultimate driving machine. the looks have not affected the performance of their machines. as far as iDrive goes, it's a concept that is being copied by others, too. the new A8 has something very similar. BMW has not lost sales to their new styling. in fact, the 745 seems to be doing quite well. some people want avant garde styling, and the Bimmer has it in spades.

Cadillac's styling on the outside isn't the issue with their cars. it's the inside. not quite as opulent as others in their respective classes. in time, i'm sure they will improve, but for now their strong suit is value, not ultimate luxury or "ultimate driving".

· Registered
2,876 Posts
Oh please...first of all, GM has never claimed it's the best thing since "sliced bread" those are your terms SIR. Second of all, having a objective opinion is one thing, but it seems you've taken that idea to a level all your own. My point is, the majority of the time, it seems your remarks come off more as a bitter child, rather than adult like- with constructive critisim (turns people off and you loose your point).
i'd go read some more of my posts if i were you. for one, i didn't say GM thought it was the greatest, it's the people who post on here that do. as far as taking an objective opinion to another level, what exactly is that other level? pointing out things that i feel are problems for GM is, as i said before, constructive criticism. i work for a dealership that sells GM products, and although i will not say which ones, i will say that our ability to sell these cars determines how much money i get to take home each week. many GM products are not very competitive with similar cars in their segment, and it's not very easy to sell a car that has many shortcomings when compared to its competition. i want GM to make better cars, and when i criticize the ones they build now, this is my outlet to say what i think needs improvement. i will say that there are GMs i don't like (most under the bowtie badge, honestly), but there are many i do like, and think just need refinement (a little swedish company, for example). read what i say in more than just one thread. i'm not always bashing GM, i'm only pointing out flaws that many of you don't see because you're too busy worshiping the ground that Bob Lutz walks on. get over it. GM needs to pay a little more attention to details, and that's where i'm coming from. don't get offended. just take what i say at face value, and if you don't like it, move on. there are a lot more people on here that, like me, criticize GM's shortcomings as well. we all look at things from a different angle, and when you look at all of the differing opinions together, you get a good idea of what the general public is like. we're all different people. we think what we think, and sometimes express it. i won't agree with you or anyone else just so i don't offend someone or turn them off. i'd hazard a guess that people from GM do read this stuff and perhaps they get ideas of what to do to improve upon what they are currently doing, or will in the future. just a thought.

lighten up, it's nothing personal. if you want to have a GM love-in, do it. i'm a little more objective, and if i think GM is screwing up good product, i'll definitely let it be known.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.