GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Keep in mind folks. The average amount of time it takes to get a new car from first development to the road is around 5 years. If they started in '97 with a clean slate, then not seeing any progress until 2002 is to be expected.

I think Caddy has made a LOT of progress since the 80s. They still however have a LONG way to go. A new STS and DTS will help them out big-time.

Also, I don't see the XLR attracting young buyers. Young lookers, but not young buyers. At 75,000 bucks, most younger people cannot afford it. (Pretty much the only people who can are executives, rappers and pro athletes)

· Registered
1,809 Posts
The previous Seville had two major problems with it. One, it was front-wheel-drive. Two, the interior was, IMO, NOT up to the standards of its competition. If the old Seville had a higher-quality interior and was rear-wheel-drive, they wouldn't have been able to make enough of them. Nothing wrong with the exterior, they were understated and yet still stylish. Nothing wrong with the motor either. The Northstar is a great engine. Nothing really wrong with the suspension either. For a FWD car it handled respectably and gave a very comfortable ride.

As for Caddy's new styling.. I hated it at first. I thought it just looked wrong. I have to admit, it's grown on me. Now I sorta like it.

As I said before, Cadillac still has a long way to go with the public, but they ARE making progress. If the upcoming STS and DTS are as much of an improvement over the Seville and Deville as the CTS was over the Catera, then Caddy will be in a very good position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.