GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,994 Posts
Maybe he autopiloted the autopilot line.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,903 Posts
Why continue to work on something that's never gonna work?

Arm Photograph Picture frame Organ Sharing

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
There is several interviews out there on how Musk doesn’t see the need for Ridar and wants to focus on a more site driven system that uses only cameras to navigate, without having two conflicting systems, and AI in the background.
Perhaps GM Tomahawk cruise missile internal maps comparison to roads approach is a more sane way of doing it? Musk makes the claim that they are far ahead of everyone, but , I am not sure he is paying attention to GM.

Most likely these are underperforming ridar coders.

·
Registered
45,050 Posts
There is several interviews out there on how Musk doesn’t see the need for Ridar and wants to focus on a more site driven system that uses only cameras to navigate, without having two conflicting systems, and AI in the background.
Perhaps GM Tomahawk cruise missile internal maps comparison to roads approach is a more sane way of doing it? Musk makes the claim that they are far ahead of everyone, but , I am not sure he is paying attention to GM.

Most likely these are underperforming ridar coders.
You mean LIDAR. And that decision was made at least 2 years ago. Teslas will use cameras and AI.
I just don't know about that because the cameras can only "see" so much.

And if you've driven in SF in the thick fog.... cameras won't see squat.

·
Registered
45,050 Posts
Reportedly, Tesla laid off 200 picture labelers. Not software engineers.

At some point the neural nets were supposed to take over these jobs.
Yup. Beat me to it.
Tesla's developed AI and ML systems to do the job far quicker than any of the image taggers could.
It was just a matter of time.

·
Registered
22,413 Posts
"Joe Friday is your last day, please transfer your work duties to AI"

Leg Human body Gesture Waist Knee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts